IT Officer/Consultant : Detail
- Company: People in Need
- Industry: I/ NGO
- Address: lazimpat-3
- Computer - Technology/Management
- Part Time
- 2+ years
- Please check details below.
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
Place of assignment: Kathmandu
Contract type: Part time
Reporting to: Logistics Manager and CD
Starting date: 25th May 2018
People in Need (PIN) is an international non-governmental organization with headquarters in Prague, Czech Republic. In its 25 years of history, PIN was working in over 40 countries in relief, development and human rights and democracy support projects. People in Need is a member of the Alliance 2015 - European NGO Network. For more information please visit www.peopleinneed.cz. After the earthquake in Nepal in April 2015, PIN joined the emergency response to support the most affected communities in Nepal.
General Tasks and responsibilities
- Setting up profiles, preforming routine office IT maintenance task, including setting up profiles.
- Installing and keeping update wide variety of software: including Microsoft SharePoint, office, outlook, skype, Skype for business, internet browsers, antivirus software, and Windows 10.
- Setting up and maintaining sustainable protection against malicious software (viruses, worms, trojan horses, spyware etc)
- Installing drivers and setting up wireless printers across a three-story office.
- Wi-Fi networking.
- Troubleshooting hardware and software problems.
- Servers and server backup systems.
- Procure and ensure timely and cost effective deliveries of IT equipment and supplies.
- Regular reporting to direct line manager and IT HQ
- Observe software legality in accordance with PIN policies
- Regular training of PIN staff for safe and efficient use of IT equipment and resources
- The employee informs staff whenever he/she is aware of any potential danger or risk for PIN employees and/or organization
- Knowledge of wide variety of software: including Microsoft SharePoint, office, outlook, skype, skype for business, internet browsers, antivirus software, and Windows 10.
- Experience installing drivers and setting up wireless printers across a three-story office.
- Experience with Wi-Fi networking.
- Experience troubling shooting hardware and software problems.
- Experience with servers and server backup systems.
- Working experience on similar position preferred
- Highly motivated and committed
- Ability to write and speak English
- A completed Bachelor’s degree
Interested candidates please deliver your CV and interested letter to email@example.com as soon as possible and before 25 May 2018. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted immediately.
PIN promotes equal opportunities. Women, Dalit and Janajati candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.