Governance Technical Experts : Detail
- Company: State University of New York Center for International Development
- Industry: Education
- Address: 2 Notre Dame Drive
- Full Time
- Please check vacancy details.
- Please check vacancy details
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
The State University of New York’s Center for International Development (SUNY/CID) is one of the preeminent leaders in the field of democracy and governance with more than 30 years of experience managing more than $300 million dollars in funded projects.
SUNY/CID is seeking qualified candidates for Governance Technical Experts for an upcoming USAID-funded Local Governance/Support to Federalization program in Nepal. The activity will focus on local governance, decentralization, service delivery, public financial management (PFM) and citizen participation at the sub-national level. Successful candidates will have demonstrated technical expertise in decentralization, public financial management, local governance and/or service delivery.
This position is contingent upon funding.
Technical Experts for governance work: Experts may be needed for long-term or short term positions. They should have an advanced university degree in public administration, political science, law, government, international development, or similar field. Experience in the field of governance specifically related to decentralization, service delivery or citizen engagement. They should have significant experience in one of the following areas, either at theNepalese national or sub-national level:
- Decentralization, Devolution, Local Governance;
- Public Administration Reform;
- Service delivery;
- Legislative development;
- Policy Implementation;
- Public financial management, planning, and budgeting;
- Transparency, accountability, and oversight;
- Civil society strengthening/citizen engagement;
- Conflict mitigation;
- Institutional capacity building and organizational effectiveness; and/or
- Capacity development of government and public officials.
Please send a resume, cover letter and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org
by February 11, 2018. Please include “Governance Technical Experts - Nepal” in the subject line of your transmission. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.