Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
As leading NGO, Aasaman Nepal has been engaged in developing and implementing programs aimed to protection, promotion and fulfillment of child rights in Nepal. Since its inception in 1999, ASN has continuously been active in the development of children in terms of education, child rights, health and nutrition and livelihood.
Aasaman Nepal in partnership with Welt Hunger Hilfe (WHH), is implementing “Improving the Livelihood of Marginalized Group in Salyan District in Salyan with the aim to improve substantially the food and nutrition security of very vulnerable smallholders and deprived groups of Salyan district”. For this project, Aasaman Nepal is looking for experienced and highly qualified Nepali candidates for the following positions:
Position: Nutrition Associate
Required no (s): 1
Location: Salyan with frequent field visits
Project duration: November 2015- December 2018
- Assist the Program Coordinator and the district team in the proper implementation, monitoring and reporting of the field level activities of the project.
- Facilitate LANN Facilitators to conduct Nutrition Education and Rehabilitation Program-NERP with Nutrition Education Sessions in the field.
- Conduct Linking Agriculture Nutrition and Natural Resources-LANN Training for LANN facilitator and mobilize them for eighteen months LANN cycle
- Facilitate health institutions for regular screening of the children for identifying Severe Acute Malnutrition-SAM, Moderate Acute Malnutrition-MAM
- Update and maintain the database of SAM and MAM.
- Manage the SAM and MAM cases observed in the program area via referring SAM cases to Nutrition Rehabilitation Home and conducting NERP and LANN cycle.
- Support for supply and logistics management to conduct the NERP and LANN cycle properly.
- Regular supervision and monitoring of program activities conducted in the field for quality ASSURANCE and reporting to the Program Coordinator.
Required qualification and experience:
HA with 2 years of relevant experience or BPH with one year experience preferably in nutrition sector. Previous experience in the facilitation of training/meetings and mobilization of FCHVs, mother’s group is preferable. Previously trained on IYCF/MIYCN/IMAM Program Components would be desirable.
Excellent quality of work and commitment to high standards, strong communication skills, team building and willingness and motivated for good service delivery with strong networking and interpersonal skills and comfortable to work under stress and emergencies.
Interested and competent applicants who meet the criteria are requested to apply outlining why you think you are qualified for the position along with your updated CV by 2nd November 2017 Applications can be submitted by email (email@example.com).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the selection process.
|Please check vacancy details|
|18 Oct, 17|
|02 Nov, 17|