click here to view more company profile...
Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
Design and Implementation of Retrofits
- Assess structural and non-structural earthquake vulnerability of the proposed buildings and prepare detailed retrofit designs. Assessments need to incorporate vulnerability factors associated with different types of buildings, as provided by the appropriate checklists given by the Seismic Retrofitting Guidelines of Buildings in Nepal (e.g., CORRECTION/EXCEPTION MANUAL for Houses that has been built under HOUSING RECONSTRUCTION PROGRAMME from NRA- Nepal, FEMA 310, "Handbook for the Seismic Evaluation of Buildings", and other relevant building codes).
- Analyse the structural capacity of houses which do not fully comply with government lists, but which may be found to have the required capacity. The structural analysis will be performed by hand calculations or in more complex cases using structural engineering design software (e.g., SAP2000, ETABS, etc.)
- Prepare structural details in CAD software (e.g., AutoCAD) and documentation of the retrofit designs.
- Perform a cost-analysis to ensure technically acceptable and economically viable retrofit solutions are achieved
- Provide trainings to Masons and technical person on effective ways of retrofitting
- Develop and initiate a standard method for inspection of the houses that have been already constructed or are under construction to ensure compliance with the NBC.
- Develop sampling procedures, forms, and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data.
- Cary out inspections of all quality related procedures on site, ensuring that activities are according to the approved inspection plan.
- Coordinate with shelter technical officers for inspection and meeting about quality problems including the closure of Non-Compliance Reports. Communicate quality control findings with the SPM, and monitor all activities related to Quality Management System.
- Prepare training materials and conduct training sessions on quality control activities to Medair shelter technical officers and Sub-Engineers of local partner NGO.
- Development technical manuals, guidelines and other technical documents in close coordination with the Senior Infrastructure Advisor at HQ.
- Document lessons learned and assist/advise in improving practices.
- Provide leadership to achieve the organizational outcome within specified timeframe for the shelter project.
- Provide input in strategic planning. Coordinate monthly/quarterly review meetings with Medair and CDS team, share knowledge on new innovations made, and lessons learnt for continuous learning and improvement.
- Ensure the implementation of planned quality control activities within allocated timeframe and available budget
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs.
- Bachelors' Degree in Civil Engineering from accredited University of Nepal with 5+ years of professional work experience which includes at least 3 years of experience in structural analysis and design of buildings including retrofitting or Masters' Degree in structural engineering with 2+ years of work experience in related field.
- Must have good understanding and practical experience of structural analysis of buildings, retrofitting and inspection of structures. Experience with International building code comprehension, as well as DRR principles.
- Hands on experience on stone mud mortar and RCC building experience and TOT certified on retrofitting training.Experience working in a cross-cultural setting and/or not-for-profit organisation/ I/NGO.
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), Structural Software (e.g., SAP 2000, ETABS, STAAD pro) and AutoCAD
- Working knowledge on different engineering software is highly preferable.
- Desire to serve the most vulnerable in rural area of Bijulikot VDC in agreement with Medair's Value within basic living condition.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills, cultural, gender and political sensitive in workplace, able to make decisions in consultative and supportive framework.
- Strong analytical capacity and ability to identify issues and use sound judgment in applying technical expertise to address a wide range of issues related to the earthquake and the safety measures.
- Excellent training facilitation skills and knowledge of core humanitarian standard.
- Able to make decisions within a consultative and supportive framework
Qualified and interested candidate should fill out the form by clicking this link https://goo.gl/forms/aZ0puJX4rF5CdzF03 before 22nd October 2017.
Please donot make multiple applications. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further selection process. Woman and candidates from marginalized castes and ethnic groups are encouraged to apply.
|Engineering - Civil|
|Full Time / Contract|
|Please check vacancy details.|
|Please check vacancy details|
|10 Oct, 17|
|22 Oct, 17|