click here to view more company profile...
Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
Founded in 2004, Build Change is a non‐profit social enterprise whose mission is to save lives in earthquakes and hurricanes. Build Change designs safe buildings, trains homeowners, builders, engineers and government officials to build them, works with governments to develop and implement building standards, partners with the private sector to improve building materials quality and create jobs, and facilitates access to incentive-based capital for reconstruction and retrofitting by partnering with financing institutions and government subsidy programs. Build Change started its work in Aceh, Indonesia, after the 2004 earthquake and tsunami, and since has expanded to include programs in China, Haiti, Colombia, Guatemala, the Philippines and Nepal. Build Change has trained more than 39,380 people on earthquake-resistant design and construction techniques, guided 74 organizations in using homeowner-driven design, created over 16,768 jobs and provided technical assistance for almost 58,328 safer buildings, impacting an estimated 3044,40 people.
The New Frontier Technologies Intern will be responsible for a range of projects that involve expanding Build Change Nepal’s technological capacities. This includes mobile data collection, data management, mapping, integration into existing tools developed with Autodesk software, and reporting system across a number of different projects. The position requires a high degree of flexibility, comfort with uncertainty, innovation, strong interpersonal skills for working with a variety of different internal and external partners, and close attention to detail. The New Frontier Technologies Intern will have a demonstrated interest in development projects, data management, process improvement, and visual communication. The New Frontier Technologies Intern will support Build Change Nepal’s various projects from both the office and the field, and will report to the New Frontier Technologies Architect.
- Proactively explore and test data collection and management features of available software and suggest ways to incorporate them to advance program capabilities
- Develop methods by which homeowners can capture data of their own homes using their mobile device, via photo or video.
- Coordinate the inclusion of instruction for those methods into the Surakshit Ghar app.
- Develop code and algorithms in Autodesk Forge and ReCap API that will customize the analysis of incoming data and prepare it to be imported into Revit/Dynamo.
- Determine the best way of creating a ReCap Point Cloud scan of house via Photogrammetry engine and create report with instructions.
- Collaboratively build surveys with management and field staff in ways that reflect project requirements and limitations, and that take full advantage of available methods
- Support ongoing VR projects, testing resolution in Unity and Autodesk ReCap, Infraworks, and/or 3DS Max. Create 3D model of project sites with aerial and terrestrial images.
- Interface with External Pro-bono volunteer teams to deliver future projects involving a range of technologies and software.
- Interface with the GIS team, IT Manager to build efficient systems to design effective system of data collection and management
- Ability to convert real things into systems using programming skills
- Ability to work completely independent
- Design reports, maps, and dashboards for summarizing project data, progress, and accomplishments, and drive implementation of these tools
- Publish reports, maps, and dashboards in clear formats both internally to Build Change and for external partners
- Conduct data analysis of collected project information and develop lessons learned
- Serve as a Build Change Nepal representative for matters related to project data with partner organizations and government ministries
- Serve as the point of contact for relevant third-party software providers, as needed
- Establish and maintain one to one relation among 30+ field staff, listen to the associated problems and provide instant solutions
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Engineering or related field
- At least 1 years of progressive working experience in related areas
- Excellent problem solving skills required
- Extensive knowledge of Autodesk Software
- Ability to think visually and apply ideas to graphical representations, including maps and dashboards
- Analytical skills required, prior experience of Business Intelligence Tools
- Demonstration of leadership ability in a team environment and ambiguous circumstances
- Flexibility to adapt to changing requirements and deadlines from multiple stakeholders
- Experience working closely with partner organizations
- Superior organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Fluent English and Nepal
To Apply please go to below link and follow instructions
|Computer - Technology/Management|
|0 NRs per hour|
|Intern / Trainees|
|Bachelors in Computer Science|
|23 Feb, 18|
|22 Mar, 18|