Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Effective with the release of this position announcement, Winrock International is recruiting applicants for Monitoring and Evaluation Officers for the KISAN II Project; responsibilities, duties and qualifications are described in the attached position description.
Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to increase economic opportunity, sustain natural resources, and protect the environment. Winrock matches innovative approaches in agriculture, natural resources management, clean energy, and leadership development with the unique needs of its partners. By linking local individuals and communities with new ideas and technology, Winrock is increasing long-term productivity, equity, and responsible resource management to benefit the poor and disadvantaged of the world.
The annual salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants must submit a cover letter and current CV to jobs.KISAN@winrock.org. Applicants should reference M&E Officer KISAN II by August 25, 2017.
Winrock International is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
POSITION TITLE: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (P3)
LOCATION: Various, Nepal
REPORTS TO: Regional M&E Manager / Senior M&E Manager
Winrock is seeking candidates for up to seven (7) Monitoring and Evaluation Officers for the Feed the Future Knowledge-based Integrated Sustainable Agriculture in Nepal II (KISAN II) project. The USAID/Nepal-funded KISAN II project is improving food security in twenty Hill and Terai districts in the Western, Mid-Western and Far-Western regions of the country and four districts in the Central region. The purpose of the project is to increase resilience, inclusiveness, and sustainability of income growth in the Feed the Future Zone of Influence. KISAN II will help lead firms, input suppliers, and private sector change agents catalyze agricultural productivity, competitive market systems, a stronger enabling environment, and business and literacy skills for households in two Zones of Influence.
The KISAN II M&E Officer(s) will work closely with the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning and technical teams to monitor, collect, and analyze data following the KISAN II M&E and Continual Learning Plan.
- Responsible for the day to day M&E activities in respective province/districts. S/he will ensure that KISAN II requirements are met on timely basis, guide data collection, data management, and display of the results.
- S/he will ensure proper documentation of all forms and files and maintain the filing system of district hardcopies as per M&E requirements.
- Ensure field data, records, register documents are collected and entered in a timely manner. This will involve reminding/follow up with the field staff, reviewing data, making corrections, and making sure data entry is also carried out where necessary and ensure they are complete and accurate.
- Work with spreadsheets/database software and check any inconsistencies with WIKISAN data (duplicate, missing or incorrect information) and check hardcopies for errors (e.g. missing forms, incomplete information etc.). Communicates M&E issues, challenges and questions to regional M&E manager and help to identify solutions
- Provide training to staffs and manage WIKISAN data entry, sample survey, baseline and impact studies. Check hardcopies for inaccuracy and review data for errors and data entry, query and generate reports from the M&E System. Collects feedback from field staff entering on data collection and data entry
- Data entry of forms received in provincial office and follow-up/communicate with field team on any data irregularities and inaccuracies.
- Assist in designing, compiling and disseminating routine monthly, quarterly and annual data reports and other ad hoc reports.
- Assist in data analysis, reporting and dissemination and provide feedback to modify the M&E System.
- Works closely with the project staff to conduct regular and timely field visits to verify data quality and track data used in analyzing performance and documenting results
- Oversee data quality analysis (e.g. field visits, spot checks to assess data accuracy and backup documentation)
- Identify and document potential case study topics and lessons learned
- Check WIKISAN data for GPS coordinates and follow up with districts for missing or incorrect information.
- Use GPS to collect coordinates in the field when required.
- Support in logistic activities when required.
- Other M&E related work assigned by the M&E team.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQURIEMENTS:
Education: Bachelor’s in development, agriculture, or related field
Experience: The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- Minimum of four years of experience in M&E for agriculture or community development assistance programs in Nepal.
- Experience with USAID M&E and work on INGO projects of similar scale and complexity strongly preferred.
- Must work well in a team and have strong communication skills (verbal, written).
- Excellent knowledge of spreadsheets and database software (Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, or other similar programs) required
- GPS experience desired.
Other: High level of English and of Nepali is required. Motorcycle license required.
Disclaimer: This position is contingent upon donor approval
|Please check vacancy details.|
|Please check vacancy details|
|09 Aug, 17|
|25 Aug, 17|