Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
People in Need (PIN) is an international non-governmental organization with headquarters in Prague, Czech Republic. In its 20 years of history, PIN has worked in over 40 countries in relief, development and human rights and democracy support projects. People in Need is a member of the Alliance 2015 - European NGO Network. For more information please visit www.peopleinneed.cz. After the earthquake in Nepal in April 2015, PIN joined the emergency response to support the most affected communities in Nepal.
PIN currently invites applicants for the position of: Field Engineer
Position Opening: 1
Reporting to: Project Manager
Duration: August to November 2017 (4 months)
Place of assignment: Rasuwa district
Starting date: ASAP
Field Engineer will be responsible for is being PIN’s VDC-level technical lead under the project “Resilient Rehabilitation of Foot Trails in Highly Affected Communities of Rasuwa.” He/she provides regular feedback to PIN’s Project Manager on all technical aspects of the project works, assessing quality standards throughout the course of the project. He/she works closely with the project’s technical partner and ensures that a clear and concise communication is maintained across the consortium’s engineering and social teams.
- Act as PIN’s technical focal point in the designated VDC, overseeing construction works in multiple sites.
- Ensure that all aspects of the trail works follow set quality standards, including the proposed technical guidelines the consortium partners have committed to.
- Identify gaps and potential risks in project delivery by paying frequent visits to the construction sites, actively seeking creative and effective solutions.
- Supply regular technical monitoring reports from the field and collect lessons learned to share with the management.
- Follow up on the supply chain of construction material, periodically check stock management and material consumption at field sites, and ensure local material meets minimum quality requirements.
- Follow-up closely on the prepositioning of construction material as per agreed work plan.
- Lead technical-related communication on behalf of PIN in the designated VDC
- Liaise with the project’s engineering partner in the areas of planning, execution and monitoring of the construction works. Facilitate communication between engineering and social team.
- Communicate closely and frequently with the Project and Program Managers, offering a constructive feedback based on regular monitoring of the field sites.
- Coordinate with PIN’s other departments as required, identifying synergies and ensuring efficient use of available resources.
- Build rapport with the target communities and be able to represent PIN professionally and politely while in remote areas.
- Ensure that line manager is kept informed of the progress and/or completion of assignments and field movements at all times.
- Take part in the registration of workers,
- Participate in and co-manage the selection of worker groups on the ground, along with the social and technical partner’s field staff.
- Collect regular feedback from the worker groups and share with project management.
- Assists with the disbursement of remuneration during pay days.
- Perform any other tasks, technical or social, as required by the project management.
- Contribute to the development and continuous improvement of PIN’s reconstruction program in Nepal.
- Liaise with relevant actors/NGOs to develop PIN’s engineering capacity.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:&NBSP;
- B.A. in Engineering or other relevant field
- At least 2 years work experience in the field of infrastructure rehabilitation, construction or similar.
- Experience working with NGO/iNGOs in the area of rural development
- Experience working and living in rural and remote areas
- Highly motivated and committed
- Pro-active approach and effective problem-solving
- Respectful, polite and friendly demeanor while working with the communities
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Proficiency with MS Office and MS Excel
- Responsible and independent position
- Competitive salary according to PIN scale
- Work in an international team with prospects for career advancement
- On-job training and mentoring
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should send their CV and cover letter including two reference contacts from last two employments and telephone contact by email to email@example.com by July 25, 2017. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted immediately.
PIN promotes equal opportunities. Women, Janajati and Dalit candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
|Engineering - General|
|B.E. in Civil|
|18 Jul, 17|
|25 Jul, 17|