Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
The Himalayan Education and Development (HEAD Nepal) is a non-profit making, non-political, and local non-governmental organization working for the empowerment and overall development of people with disabilities in the Himalayan region of Nepal. It is the only one leading and pioneering organization in the field of persons with disability in Humla district. In partnership with Mission East, HEAD Nepal is going to implement the project titled “Children and Hunger: reducing hunger and improving nutrition amongst the children with disabilities and other marginalized children in remote mountain villages of Humla”. In this regard, HEAD Nepalis seeking innovative, self-motivated and dynamic personnel for the following positions.
Positions: Junior Technician
Based in field (VDCs of Humla).
Max. No: 4
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate agriculture and livelihood activities implementation at VDC level
- Build rapport and coordinate among the stakeholders, agro-vet service centers, FUGs and CFUGs to promote the livelihood options of the targeted beneficiaries
- Ensure effective and timely implementation of the planned and approved activities and strategies in the targeted VDCs
- Provide agricultural technical knowledge as well as technical back-stop to the communities for the construction of house-hole plots, kitchen gardening etc.
- Implement the agriculture and income generating programs with efficiency and effectiveness
- Support any other activities as assigned by the Project Manager.
Qualification and experience:
- Junior Technical Assistant (JTA) training or Intermediate Degree in Agriculture Science
- Proven experience in community level mobilization, training, and influencing livelihood initiatives.
- Good English and Nepali writing and speaking skills will be preferred.
Interested candidates are requested to submit application letter, CV including at least 2 references and citizenship certificate by 4:00pm 28 February 2017 (17 Falgun, 2073). Applications can also be sent via email to: [email protected] or physically submitted to the office address below during working days. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further selection process.
Head Nepal promotes workforce diversity and positive discrimination for the gender equity and social inclusion. Hence, applications from women, people with disabilities and disadvantaged groups are highly encouraged to apply.
Himalayan Education and Development (HEAD Nepal)
E-mail: [email protected]
(For more information about the organization and vacancy visit at www.headnepal.org)
|Please check vacancy details.|
|I. Sc. (Agri)|
|10 Feb, 17|
|28 Feb, 17|