Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
Sunaulo Parivar Nepal (SPN) is a well‐established NGO delivering Family Planning and Sexual Reproductive Health services through‐out the country via centres, mobile outreach teams to remote areas and social marketing. It works in partnership with Marie Stopes International UK (MSI), a global social business providing reproductive health services across the world with a mission of ensuring individual's fundamental right to have children by choice not chance.
We are looking for people who want to embrace new ways of working, use their initiative, take on multiple tasks, be a team player, and deliver solid financial results to ensure we can expand our services to more men and women in Nepal.
The Demand Generation Coordinator (DGC) will be responsible for implementation of demand generation interventions for Sunaulo Parivar Nepal’s evidence-based, sexual reproductive health and family planning Interpersonal Communication initiatives in assigned areas, focusing on increasing awareness and, ultimately, uptake of SPN's sexual reproductive health and family planning services at SPN/MSIN's static centers.
- Implement an impactful community IPC and demand generation activation strategy to diagnose and meet the community needs, build client awareness, product/ service uptake, and SPN brand loyalty.
- Analysis of client segment and family planning status of assigned districts.
- Establish and maintain productive relationships with key public and private stakeholders, including pharmacists, government officials, Local government bodies, NGOs and community groups for smooth implementation of the program.
- Participate in meetings, trainings and workshop organized by DHOs representing SPN/MSI
- Establish and maintain productive relationships with potential referral points/ groups to ensure increase in footfall and service uptake in the centres.
- Visit key stakeholders and referral points on regular basis to motivate and gain support for smooth implementation and increase referral service numbers in centres.
- Hold health talks on community level groups and orientations on SPN to potential refers.
- Create and manage database of key stakeholders and referral points in the assigned area.
- Prepare monthly work plan in regular communication and coordination with centre team.
- Responsible for the management, scheduling and development of work plans for the Community Mobilisers where relevant.
- Provide the leadership and guidance to community level demand generation team (community mobilisers) that enhances individual and team productivity. Directly manage and supervise the performance of Community Mobilisers and lead in the implementation activities in the districts.
- Identify different referral check points in the area and develop strategies to maximize referrals.
- Draft working competitive analysis and provide regular update to IPC manager.
- Prepare, collect, compile and submit regular reporting documents to immediate line manager on a regular basis.
- Take up the responsibilities assigned by management.
- Minimum of +2 academic qualification (Bachelor’s in any discipline preferred)
- Excellent interpersonal, and oral presentation skills.
- Experience and understanding of sexual reproductive health and family planning in the Nepal.
- Ability to travel frequently within the assigned district as required by the job
- Locals with two wheeler and a valid driving license preferred
- A minimum of 1+ year experience in carrying out demand generation or sales activities(preferably focused on SRH)
- Demonstrated experience in working in the community and mobilizing local community staffs.
- Demonstrated experience in working in coordination with Government or other key stakeholders.
Suitable candidates meeting the above criteria are invited to send a CV and covering letter to MSNPRecruitment@mariestopes.org.np by 18 January 2017. Only short listed candidates will be invited for the next stage of the recruitment process.
SPN reserves the right to appoint no candidate or to appoint a candidate that does not fulfill all minimum criteria but has the best overall performance during the recruitment process. SPN reserves the right to appoint a less‐well qualified candidate at a lower grade. SPN reserves all rights to qualify/disqualify applications in any case.
SPN accepts Nepalese citizens only and encourages women, people of ethnic minorities and Dalits to apply
|Full Time / Contract|
|11 Jan, 17|
|18 Jan, 17|
|Kathmandu, Jumla, Surkhet|