Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
RTI International is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. Please visit our website at www.rti.org/globalhealth for more information on our work in global health.
USAID-Health for Life Project is seeking Consultant for Earthquake Program for the USAID-Health for Life (H4L) Project which is a five-year (2012-2017) project financed by USAID and working primarily in coordination with the Government of Nepal’s Ministry of Health (MoH). As a result, Health for Life Project has a significant national presence to support the testing and roll-out of national-level policies, guidelines and programs. In addition to the national focus, the Project covers 12 districts in the Mid-Western Development Region; 3 in the Western; one each in the Eastern, Central and Far-Western Regions; and in 10 (Dolakha, Dhading, Gorkha, Kavre, Makwanpur, Nuwakot, Ramechhap, Rasuwa, Sindhuli and Sindhupalchowk) most earthquake affected districts to strengthen district and village health systems and help identify and implement best practices. H4L collaborates with a wide range of stakeholders, including academic and research institutions, training centers, media partners and civil society.
The primary goal of Health for Life (H4L) is to strengthen the Government of Nepal’s capacity to plan, manage and deliver high-quality and equitable family planning, maternal, newborn, and child health services. H4L activities directly address key health system constraints in the following areas: local health systems governance, data for decision making and evidence-based policy development, human resources management, quality improvement systems, and knowledge and behavior change. This Consultant position will be based in Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Support and monitor implementation in the10 EQ-affected districts in coordination with the Sr. Program Manager whose level of effort will be 25-50 percent while on leave
- Focus on assisting D(P)HOs and H4L consultant to finalize district recovery and reconstruction plans while overseeing other implementation activities
- Provide day-to-day technical support to the regional offices and district coordinators in the earthquake-affected districts
- In collaboration with D(P)HOs, coordinate technical assistance to expand and strengthen Health Facility Operations and Management Committees and improve local health governance
- In collaboration with D(P)HOs coordinate technical assistance to expand and strengthen the health facility Quality Improvement system
- Support H4L’s program in earthquake-affected districts, including three regional offices and staff while working closely with H4L’s health systems, services, and M & E teams in Kathmandu project office
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in public health, development studies, rural and regional planning, social science, public administration, public policy or other related areas with at least 12 years of experience or a Bachelor’s degree with 16 years of experience in local health governance, policy planning and management of health systems related project activities at regional and district levels
- In-depth understanding of Nepal’s health systems and governance at district and sub-district levels, including health systems, service delivery, quality assurance, access and utilization, local health planning, community/social mobilization, local governance, and gender and social inclusion in the health sector
- Professional writing skills in preparing reports in English and Nepali languages for various audiences, including technical and policy briefs and reports to the MoH, MoFALD, USAID and EDPs
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships with government counterparts, local organizations, and other program and partners
- Demonstrated experience in the implementation of community-based programs (experience in health programs, especially those focused on increasing access to and use of health services, promoting evidence-based best practices for improving the quality of health interventions that reduce morbidity and mortality of mothers, infants, and children, preferred)
- Extensive field experience in targeted districts and solid understanding of the realities and complexities of working in hard-to-reach villages with marginalized and disadvantaged groups, and integrating crosscutting GESI strategies
- Demonstrated success in providing hands-on capacity building and technical assistance to partners and stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships with government counterparts, local organizations, and other program and partners.
TO APPLY: Qualified applicants should submit a resume with contact information to Operations Manager, Health for Life (H4L), P. O. Box: 3172, Lalitpur, Nepal or email:[email protected] with “Consultant for Earthquake Program’’ in the subject line. Deadline is 21 February 2017; however, applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Telephone inquiry will not be entertained.
|Consulting & Professional Services|
|Please check vacancy details.|
|Please check vacancy details|
|14 Feb, 17|
|22 Feb, 17|