Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
We have an exciting opportunity for two Assistant Consultants to join our team in Nepal, we are further strengthening our team due continued success in providing technical support on large programmes within Health and the Social Protection areas of international development. If you are looking to join an organisation with analytical rigour, independent judgement and a commitment to development and you have good qualitative and quantitative skills combined with experience of supporting policy makers we would love to hear from you.
- Support in the process of designing and undertaking the studies on social protections: more specifically on cash transfer, public works, MIS and employment generation.
- Support country office director in conducting the market analysis and expanding the networks in climate change and urban development.
- Support policy makers and implementers to analyse, understand and manage the specific political, institutional and social contexts within which they operate to improve policy design and implementation effectiveness;
- Undertake and support the use of both quantitative and qualitative data for use in policy design, implementation and monitoring and evaluation;
- Monitor and evaluate projects, programmes and policies, particularly through combining quantitative and qualitative methods to 1) measure the different impact of interventions on different groups of people, and 2) measure different dimensions of poverty, particularly those that are not readily quantified but which poor people themselves identity as important, such as dignity, respect, security and power.
Under these issues, as a core member of the consultancy team the individual will:
- To assist in the development of solutions to client problems and provide technical support to consulting and related research projects
To work under the overall direction of the relevant Country Director or Deputy Director and under the day-to-day supervision of project managers as required in accordance with an agreed Annual Performance Agreement including associated financial and other targets.
- Provide technical inputs to OPM projects by applying established technical approaches in relevant areas including data collection and analysis, application of analytical approaches to solving client problems and drafting of straightforward project documents
- Identify appropriate research sources and materials including on-line databases, academic and official documents and other written sources
- Undertake telephone or other interviews to obtain research information
- Undertake basic statistical analysis and presentation of statistical data in appropriate formats
- Prepare document summaries and annotated bibliographies
- Prepare reports in line with the terms of reference for particular consulting and research projects
- Proof-read, format and edit reports
- Organise workshops and other events related to research and project activities
- Contribute to the preparation of proposals and tenders
- Contribute to providing other advisory, training and organisational support services as required
- Comply with all internal policies, processes and procedures including financial management systems
- Undertake other duties reasonably required by the Country Director, Portfolio Leader and/or Project Manager
Skills and Experience:
- Educated to degree level in Public Health, Environmental Science, Social work, Statistics, Economics and/or related subject relevant
- Experience in international development and good monitoring and evaluation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and clients, both verbally and in writingin English and Nepalese
- Ability to cope with several jobs simultaneously and to agreed deadlines
- Team player but with the ability to use own guidance and initiative to prioritise work and handle different demands appropriately
- Ability to organise work methodically and prioritise appropriately
- Attention to detail with an ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to be flexible and take on new challenges
- Ability to develop the role in order to allow continual improvement to systems and ways of working.
The closing date for applications is Friday 24th February 2017.
Note: Please visit the link for application procedure: http://www.opml.co.uk/join-us/vacancies
What’s it like working at OPM, and why should you join our growing global organisation? Watch this video to see what our colleagues have to say.
Thank you for considering OPM and we wish you all the best for your application.
|Consulting & Professional Services|
|Please check vacancy details.|
|Please check vacancy details|
|14 Feb, 17|
|24 Feb, 17|