WASH Construction Supervisor (Sub-Engineer)
Everest Club was established in 1993 as a non-profit organization and registered at District Administration Office Dailekh and focused on improving socio-economic status of marginalized people. Everest Club (EC), Dailekh is working in the area of renewal WASH promotion, hygiene behavior change coalition, income generation, health and nutrition, adolescent sexual reproductive health, violence against women and girls, policy based advocacy, income generation, entrepreneurship development, Marketing and networking. It works on the basis that water and sanitation are human rights, and are essential services vital for health, nutrition, education and livelihoods. Everest Club is working as local partner of SNV Nepal for implementation of the DFAT Australia’s Water for Women Fund supported - Beyond the Finish Line (BFL) - Inclusive and Sustainable Rural Water Supply Services project in four Rural Municipalities of Dailekh. In addition to BFL projects regular planned interventions, SNV and EC aim to support Health Facilities (HFs) in order to address COVID-19 related challenges, by supporting infection prevention in all the HFs in one target RM in line with DFAT COVID 19 priorities. This includes improving capacity and facilities for both WASH infrastructure and infection prevention practices. The project complements the Beyond the Finish Line’s objective to improve access to water supply, handwashing with soap and menstrual hygiene management, by adding further focus on HFs and COVID-19 prevention, and to develop the capacity of RMs for WASH in HFs. Everest Club (EC), Dailekh invites applications for the following position.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Position : WASH Construction Supervisor (Sub-Engineer) -1
Qualification and Key Competencies:
The WASH construction supervisor will ensure the construction site level capacity building, implementation, and quality control of: construction, measurement bills, mason/labour mobilization, record keeping, warehouse management and operation of accessible WASH infrastructure improvement works in the health facilities in selected Rural Municipality of Dailek. The infrastructure improvement works will include new construction/renovation of water supply system from source to point-of-use in HFs, toilets and on-site sanitation system, handwashing facilities, drinking water facilities, menstrual hygiene management, drainage, and onsite collection, treatment and disposal of health care waste. All WASH infrastructures will be in compliance with the service parameters of national guidelines on WASH in HFs, COVID-19 protocols, accessible infrastructure and demonstrate best practice. Accessible/inclusive WASH infrastructure is based on universal design principles and addresses the needs of all users, including women, children, and people with disabilities.
The WASH Construction Supervisor will report to the Engineer at EC and work closely with the project teams at EC. S/he will engage closely with stakeholders from RM including elected officials, technical staff, Health Facilities and Disability People Organizations.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
1. Daily quality monitoring of inclusive WASH infrastructure construction andassist the Engineer toprepare BOQfor selected rural health facilities(with standard formats for environmental assessment, accessibility audit, detailed design),
2. Ensure timely construction of inclusive WASH infrastructure as per detailed designs with quality and within estimated budget, support to establish operation and maintenance protocols, and ensure functioning of all systems, in the 2 target HFs. Support in WASH infrastructure survey, design, budget estimation and construction must ensure:
3. Support in data collection, survey, detailed design, and BOQ for inclusive WASH infrastructure improvement for all HFs in the select RM and build practical capacity with HCF officials and Ward Offices.
4. Construction site level meetings and other events facilitation and coordination.
5. Technical support to strengthen capacity of skilled/ unskilled labours and their mobilization.
6. Ensure the quality construction materials, warehouse management, record keeping and all documentations.
7. Timely reports to the Engineer regarding construction progress, challenges and any other issues regarding the construction.
1. Diploma in Civil Engineering with minimum 2 years’ of experience in survey, construction supervision and measurement and bill preparations of accessible WASH facilities (Gravity/Lift water supply schemes, Tube-well, health post toilets, hand washing stations, waste management, house plumbing etc) , OR TSLC in Civil Engineering with at least 5 years of relevant experience as mentioned above. 2. Experience in construction supervision and site level management implemented by communities and local government (health facilities) will be given priority. 3. Experience in Gender and Social Inclusion in WASH service provision will be added value. 4. Willingness and ability to be in the construction sites. 5. Good communication skill. 6. Ability to work under pressure and within the tight time frame
Duty Station: at Rural Municipality (Ward level) of Dailekh/Sarlahi with day to day travel to the construction sites of 2 Health Facilities
Expected Start Date: Dec, 2020
Contract Type: as per EC HR policy
Contract duration: approx. 7 months (till June 2021)
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified Nepali citizens are requested to apply with the updated CV (not more than 3 page) and a cover letter (not more than 1 page) by 5th November 2020 at email@example.com or directly drop at the office of Everest Club, Dailekh.
Please note the position recruitment is dependent on approval of donor contract.
For more detail please contact on 089420247; 9848041631
Hand Hygiene for All, #HH4A
"हातको सरसफाइ सबैका लागि - साबुन पानी हात, सधैं साथसाथ "