Detailed Job description / requirements:
REED- Nepal was founded as the National NGO in 2000 A.D to consolidate the Teacher Training Programs. Since its inception, REED- Nepal has followed Sir Edmund Hillary’s footsteps to mountainous regions. North East of Nepal, the home of Mount Everest and Himalayas.
REED-Nepal has a holistic approach to ensuring quality education. The organization works with teachers, school committees, parents and community members. With the support of its funding partners, the Australian Himalayan Foundation (AHF), Karuna Trust, Aus Aid, CHOICE Hongkong, Rotary International, and Himalayan Trust UK (HTUK). REED Nepal currently invites application for the following positions:
1. Position: Training Specialist Mathematics/ Information and Technology (IT): 1(One)
Job Location - 50% Kathmandu and 50% Program districts (Field)
Master Degree in Mathematics with technical knowledge in information and technology.
At least three years relevant experience in teaching mathematics at secondary level or one year’s experience in teachers' training, development and facilitation.
2. Position: Education Development Officer (EDO): 1(One) Job Location - Solukhumbu district
Education Qualification- At least Bachelor Degree in Science. Preference to Master Degree in Science.
At least three years' experience in school teaching or one year’s experiences in community school teachers' training, development and facilitation.
3. Position: Education Development Officer (EDO): 1(One) Job Location - Taplejung district.
Education Qualification- Master Degree in English Education.
Work Experience- At least three years relevant experience in teaching English at secondary level or one year’s experiences in teacher professional development and capacity building.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities for position 1, 2 and 3:
- Ability to develop, maintain good coordination, collaborative with local line agencies including Municipality, Rural Municipality and others in education planning, delivery and management.
- Design, development and delivery training packages for community school teachers and key stakeholders in line with Nepal government existing packages addressing identifying needs and gaps,
- Data compilation, management, report preparation and documentation.
- Strong facilitation skills, including catalyzing, connecting, and building the capacity of multiple level of stakeholders including teachers, school management committee, parents teacher association, community groups/people.
- Strong understanding on participatory, integrated community/people-led development work.
- Knowledge on girls scholarship programs, parental supports, engagement and capacity building,
- Strong commitment to work in team promoting team building and feedback culture.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel and power point.
- In depth knowledge on classroom management, mentoring and on site supports to schools.
- Basic understanding on Child rights, protection, disability inclusion, gender equity and social inclusion in education.
- Ability to administer different tools, formats for program monitoring, assessment, research and evaluation within the framework.
- Excellent academic competency with social work experiences at different level
- Willingness to travel and work in remote and mountainous region.
4. Position: Field Supervisor (FS): 1 (One)
Job Location- Taplejung district in program municipality
Education Qualification- At least 10+2 in education faculty.
Work Experience- At least 1 year relevant experience in school education and community mobilization.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Basic understanding in community and education system,
- Understanding of local government and line agencies,
- Ability to adjust in the community and work under pressure.
- Willing to work within the team in remote place.
Position: Admin Assistant (AA ): 1 (One)
Job Location- Taplejung district Field office
Education Qualification- School Level Certificate / Secondary Education Exam sujisu
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Office management and operation.
- Communication and operation knowledge of office
- Provide support to project team as per requirement,
- Logistic supports.
Job Type: Contract based renewable each year after analyzing the work performances.
Kindly follow the links given below for full job Description.
Salary and Benefits will be based on policy of the organization. Qualified and interested candidates are requested to submit CV (maximum 4 pages) with two referees (current and immediate past line manager) along with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to reach the office latest by August 17, 2019. All attachments should be Word documents. For more detail visit website: www.reednepal.org
Only short listed applicants will be contacted. The organization reserves the right to cancel or reject the application. Phone calls or any other enquiries will NOT be entertained and any type of solicitation will automatically disqualify the application. ( Local, women, disabilities and candidates from disadvantaged/marginalized communities are encouraged to apply)