Vacancy for Consultancy Service for Project Evaluation
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Announcement for Consultancy Service for Project Evaluation
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is the largest Finnish development cooperation organization, a major humanitarian actor and member of ACT Alliance. FCA’s vision is a world comprised of resilient and just societies where everyone's right to peace, quality education and sustainable livelihood has been fulfilled. FCA is a rights-based organization, and our action is guided by international human rights standards and principles. We operate in 14 countries, where the needs are most dire. We work with economically poor and socially marginalized groups regardless of their religious beliefs, ethnic background, or political convictions. FCA work in three thematic areas; Livelihoods, Education and Peace. In Nepal, FCA has been working in Nepal since 2013. It has been implementing development cooperation and earthquake response programs and projects covering 14 districts. As a civil society actor, FCA realises its mission and vision through development cooperation, humanitarian assistance, and advocacy works.
FCA has been supporting communities in Nepal in addressing their needs and enjoying their rights from 2008. The FCA has been working in Nepal since 2008 in the sectors of livelihood and quality education with focus on promoting the rights of women and people facing caste-based discriminations. Over the years, FCA has been implementing development cooperation and disaster response programs and projects in selected 14 districts of Nepal in partnership with national and local NGOs as well as private sector organizations.
FCA is looking for consultants’ services (a team leader and members) as described in TOR to carry out Final Evaluation of two livelihood projects under implementation in Lalitpur and Sindhuli district. The project consists of three major components: a) access to finance, b) entrepreneurship/business development and c) women’s social empowerment.
1. Qualifications and Experience Required:
The minimum expertise required for the team leader should include, but may not be restricted to:
- Minimum 7 years of proven experience in evaluations as team leader or sole evaluator
- Demonstrated qualitative research, analytical and writing skills
- Strong experience in evaluating livelihoods and agribusiness/enterprise development, micro credit (cooperative) related projects.
- Strong experience in gender analysis; ability to carry out critical analysis on how the projects have affected the gender roles in the society
- Skills and expertise in using participatory evaluation methods
- Significant formal education in the field relevant to the assignment
- Familiarity with the context, geographical region and/or culture of the focus population
2. Please Click here to see the Terms of Reference .
Interested and qualified consultant or consultancy firms are requested to submit the proposals in sealed envelopes at Finn Church Aid’s office located at House No: 539 / 37 Baluwatar – 2, Gairidhara, PO Box: 23517, Kathmandu, Nepal, Phone Number: 014000554, 555, within 15 days from date of publication (Before the close of Busines,15 th August 2019) . or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org Only shortlisted candidates/applications will be notified for further discussion and selection processes.