Vacancy Announcement of Local Partner
At SNV we believe that no-one should have to live in poverty. We are dedicated to a society in which all people, irrespective of race, class or gender, enjoy the freedom to pursue their own sustainable development. We focus on increasing people's incomes and employment opportunities in productive sectors like agriculture as well as on improving access to basic services such as energy, water, sanitation and hygiene. SNV supports people to access and develop the capabilities, services and opportunities needed to live a healthy, productive and fulfilling life, while sustainably using the natural resources they depend on. Unlike many other development actors, we do not offer funding, but specialize in supporting the resourcefulness of development actors. We work with governments, businesses, knowledge institutes and low-income communities so that together we can transform ideas into policy, policy into action, and action into results. Through our technical knowledge, 50+ years of experience, passionate staff, extensive local presence and global footprint, we strive to make a lasting difference in people's lives. For Further details, please visit the website: http://www.snv.org
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Terms of Reference (ToR)
Support Services for Programme Implementation
Chandannath (Jumla), Birendranagar (Surkhet), Nepalgunj (Banke), Khadak (Saptari)
SNV -Netherlands Development Organisation- is a no-profit international development organisation with headquarters in the Netherlands and programmes in 36 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. SNV contributes through strengthening the capacity of local organizations within three main sectors: Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH); Agriculture; and Renewable Energy.
In the WASH Sector, SNV Nepal is implementing the DGIS-funded WASH SDG programme, following SNV approach on Urban Sanitation and Hygiene for Health and Development (USHHD) in four cities. These are: Chandannath (Jumla) and Birendranagar (Surkhet) in Province 6, Nepalgunj (Banke) in Province 5, and Khadak (Saptari) in Province 2.
Under this programme, SNV Nepal is looking for a local partner organisation to support the implementation of offield activities, and for logistic, administrative and financial support in each of the four cities mentioned above.
2. Scope of Work
The local partner will support SNV in the implementation of project activities under five programme components: Behaviour change communication and awareness; Safe & affordable consumer services; WASH governance, regulation and enforcement; Smart finance and investment; and Improved treatment, disposal and re-use.
Programme activities include, but are not limited to, site assessments, community awareness campaigns, trainings, workshops and meetings with diverse stakeholders. The local partner will be capable of detailed planning, will maintain excellent working relations with municipalities and all local stakeholders and will participate in progress review sessions with SNV and other programme participants.
SNV will define specific activity plans, and will communicate them to the local partner, on a quarterly basis or as otherwise agreed. These activity plans will include activity costs based on planned activities.
The local partner will conduct all necessary operational tasks to complete the assigned activities, including but not limited to taking minutes, delivering invitations, booking venues, procuring materials, collecting attendance lists and consent forms, taking photos, executing payments, and collecting all supporting documents (bills, invoices, etc) which are required according to SNV procedures.
The local partner will submit progress reports and financial progress reports (both e-copy and hard copy) to SNV personnel as indicated by SNV.
- The services are required from 01 March 2020 to 31 December 2020.
4. Qualifications of applicants
- Locally registered NGO in the district or districts in which the applicant applies to work;
- Minimum 2 year of organisational experience in community development activities in the district or districts where the applicant applies to work;
- Experience in progress monitoring, learning and dissemination; and team, processes, and documentation in place to do so;
- Proven organisational capacity in communication, budgeting and planning and human resources management;
- Well-established and financially sound organisational set-up, including well-maintained internal and/or external audit practices;
- Excellent relations with local authorities and stakeholders, especially at the city level and at the district level;
- Experience in the WASH sector (water, sanitation and hygiene) is desirable;
- Previous experience working successfully with SNV Nepal is desirable.
5. Requirements of proposed HR
- Program Coordinator:
- At least Bachelor degree in Sociology/Rural development/ Business Studies /Administration / Science/Engineering;
- At least 3 years of experience in similar programs;
- Experience in training design, planning and delivery;
- Experience in facilitating district or municipality level planning;
- Experience in programme monitoring and evidence keeping;
- Experience in report writing in English.
- Program Supervisor:
- At least intermediate degree in Sociology / Rural development / Business Studies / Administration / Science / Engineering;
- At least 2 years of experience in similar programs;
- Experience in community engagement (facilitation, collaboration, capacity development);
- Experience in data collection and consolidation.
- Logistic/admin/finance Officer:
- At least intermediate degree in Business Studies /Administration/Commerce / Accounting;
- At least 2 years of experience in similar programs;
- Experience in bookkeeping, finance software use, and financial data processing and reporting.
6. Selection Criteria
SNV will establish a selection committee, which will assess applications on the basis of the following criteria:
- Human Resources;
- Technical and previous work experience;
- Quality of Proposal;
- Financial Proposal;
- Organisation Assessment;
- Physical presence in the project area.
7. Application process
Applicants can apply to work in one or more of the four cities where the project intervenes: Chandannath, Birendranagar, Nepalgunj and Khadak. Please note that SNV expects that applicants have an established presence or office in the cities where they apply to work, and that SNV will give preference to local NGOs.
For each city where they are applying to work, applicants are required to provide the following information:
- Name of the city;
- Two page (maximum) organisational capacity statement relevant to the scope of work;
- CVs of proposed human resources:
- Program Coordinator
- Program Supervisors
- Logistic/admin/finance Officer;
- Financial proposal, done by using the budget templates in Annexes 1 and 2below;
- Proof of tax/VAT registration.
Note: The detail Tor or job description can be download by the following link or Please Click Here.
Applicants are required to submit their applications, inclusive of all the documentation and information as indicated above, by 23 February 2020. Please email applications to SNV Nepal at email@example.com. Incomplete applications will be disregarded, unsolicited phone calls by applicants are not welcome, and SNV’s decisions concerning the selection are not appealable.