Terms of Reference - Consultancy opportunities to conduct training on photography, videography and stories writing
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Terms of Reference
Consultancy opportunities to conduct training on photography, videography and stories writing
Welthungerhilfe (WHH) is one of Germany’s leading non-governmental organizations with a dual mandate in both development cooperation and emergency response. WHH works to create a world in which all people can exercise their right to a self-determined life in dignity and justice, free from hunger and poverty. To bring justice for all, WHH partners with the civil society organizations in the countries where it operates, and currently the agency is partnering with over 100 local partners from 41 countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America (www.welthungerhilfe.de).
WHH has been operational in Nepal since 2012, and currently managing different project in eight districts under three program thematic areas (sectors): food and nutrition security, incl. WASH; right to food and empowerment, and disaster risk reduction. WHH works hand in hand with civil society in Nepal to empower socially marginalized and economically poor citizens to reinforce their resilience and to ensure their right to adequate food and nutrition.
2. Objective of the assignment: Provide hands on training to WHH and partner field staffs on taking quality photo/video using camera/mobile and provide technique to write/prepare stories/case studies.
3. Methods: methods will be a combination of lecture cum field practices; however, consultants are invited to propose appropriate training content and method of the training. The final content shall be finalized in close consultation with WHH.
The consultants are expected to conduct 3 training sessions at Parsa of Chitwan, Mahuli of Saptari and Mirchaiya of Sirahawith each place having two training days (two days training in each place).
4. Expected outputs: participants can show and improvement of practical photo and video skills and can use photos/videos for writing meaningful stories/case studies.
i. Inception report explaining detailed training content and methodology
ii. Training completion report with use of photo/video and stories of participants to illustrate improvements.
5. Requirements of consultants:
- At least Bachelor’s degree in development communication, development studies, journalism, or equivalent degree.
- She/he most have +5 years of working experience in photography/videography, development communication, journalism and/or photo/video story collection in development field with a record of providing high-quality and creative photo/video and case stories.
- She/he has prior experience of providing trainings in photography and videography
- She/he must have prior work experience with or working for international development organizations and familiarity with development and humanitarian programmes/issues
- She/he must have skills and experience in editing digital photos for social media and websites and being able to transfer that knowledge to the participants.
- She/he must have experience in providing captions in both Nepali and English languages.
6. Time and Duration of the Assignment
The assignment is expected to be accomplished by Mid-December 2020. The assignment will be effective in action from the day of signing of awarded contract. The assignment should not exceed more than 15 working days (including preparatory work, travel, training, and reporting).
7. Budget requirement
Consultant(s)/consulting firm are requested to propose the required budget in a given financial proposal template below.
|Lead trainer (videography/photography)|
Materials cost |
|Total (A+B) |
8. Deadline for proposal
The interested and qualified consultant/ consulting firm must submit their technical and financial proposal, including legal documents (registration & tax clearance in case of consulting firm and PAN/Vat registration card for individual) and CVs of key personals by 17:00 hours (COB) dated 30 November 2020 via email address given below:
Please note that the selected consultants/consulting firm should adhere with WHH SOP for development project in context of COVID19 and government protocols regarding COVID19 prevention. Training participants and venue will be provided by WHH.