Lumanti Support Group for Shelter is a non-government organisation dedicated to the alleviation of urban poverty in Nepal through the improvement of shelter conditions. At Lumanti, shelter means the whole living environment, therefore, Lumanti's activities are wide-ranging. They include shelter upgrades, micro-finance, education and children's programmes, good governance, gender equity and advocacy. Lumanti means "memory" in the Newari language. The organization was established in 1993 in the memory of Ramesh Manandhar who died in a plane crash in 1992. Ramesh was a driving force behind moves in the early 1990's to raise awareness about urban poverty and shelter conditions.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Position: Technical Officer (1)
Location: Kohalpur Municipality and Baijnath Rural Municipality of Banke
Reporting to: Primarily to Project Coordinator but also to WASH Program Manager
Purpose of the position:
The position is responsible for implementation of WASH projects with respect to – coordination, operations/ supervision and development of engineering designing, drawings and cost estimations for related WASH facilities in communities, schools and health services centres.
The major responsibilities include:
- Advise WASH Program Manager and Project Coordinator on the development, maintenance and improving functionality of WASH facilities.
- Perform WASH related development studies and conduct design review as required in close coordination with related stakeholders including government agencies and especially with Municipalities and also private entrepreneurs.
- Ensure functionality of WASH facilities in communities, schools and health service centres premises of interventional areas.
- Prepare bill of quantities, specification and cost estimate for WASH facilities.
- Review and verify engineering estimations for WASH projects in close coordination with local government.
- Ensure the implementation of WASH facilities in line with the plan, design, available standards, and community needs.
- Facilitate in implementation of WASH project activities in the interventional areas.
- Facilitate and support in complying government and SDG standards of WASH in the interventional areas.
- Ensure adoption of participatory approachforcommunity/stakeholders mobilization.
- Ensure that all financial requirement and norms are met before making recommendation for payment of expenditures or settlement of accounts.
- Represent Lumanti at meetings and program as necessary.
- Contribute in the preparation of learning documents for knowledge management and publication.
- Preparation of project reports- monthly, quarterly, semi- annual and annually.
- Additional responsibilities can be added as per the requirement.
Jobs requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor in Civil Engineering, Water and Environmental Engineering, Sanitary Engineering or related fields
- At least 1 year experience in WASH program
- NGO experience and water supply and sanitation schemes construction and supervision experience.
- Knowledge of MS Office Package, Autocad and other relevant software.
Interested candidates are requested to send their resume with cover letter and expected salary in the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Lumanti will accept application from the candidate till 21st May 2019, no application for the position will be responded after the mentioned date. Selected individuals for the position will be contacted through email or phone for further processing.
Lumanti claims to provide a working environment that is sensitive and friendly on gender, child and disability. The position prioritize local candidates.
|Category||Development and Project|
|Education||Please check vacancy details|
|Posted Date||14 May, 2019|
|Apply Before||21 May, 2019|