Technical Coordinator â€“ Private Sector Engagement
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Technical Coordinator – Private Sector Engagement
Background: United States Agency for International Development (USAID)’s Sustaining Health Outcomes through the Private Sector (SHOPS) Plus and USAID’s Strengthening Systems for Better Health Activity is looking for a Technical Coordinator – Private Sector Engagement for its initiative, “Advancing Quality of Care for Newborn and Child Health Services in the Private Health Sector in Karnali Province”. This SHOPS Plus activity contributes to the larger USAID’s Strengthening Systems for Better Health Activity mandate in Nepal to advance private-public engagement in Karnali province.
We are looking for a qualified individual, for the position of Technical Coordinator – Private Sector Engagement.
- Number of Individuals Required: One
- Number of Days: This is a full-time consultancy position at 26 days per month over the period of performance
- Duty Station: Surkhet, Karnali Province
- Period of Performance: The consultancy will take place from early December 2019 through June 30th 2020 (*with possible extension through July 30th, 2020)
Key Tasks: The Technical Coordinator – Private Sector Engagement, will work as part of USAID’s Strengthening Systems for Better Health/SHOPS Plus team with guidance from the SHOPS Plus head office. In his/her role as the local member the Technical Coordinator will lead private health facility mapping, and coordinate: (a) engagement with public and private sector participants in the initiative, (b) collection of data to monitor the effectiveness and results of the initiative, and (c) training activities.
Qualifications, Competencies and Skills Required:
- Demonstrated ability in program coordination and experience working with Nepal government agencies, donor-funded organizations, NGOs, and in particular, private health sector entities
- Understanding of the national health system in Nepal and Karnali Province in particular
- A Masters in Public Health with Public Health or clinical background and at least three years of work experience with a good understanding of newborn and child health services.
- Experience conducting or supporting qualitative research efforts is desirable.
- Strong interpersonal communication and writing skills.
- Highly organized with an ability to work in teams
- Helpful to have familiarity and contacts in the private health sector, Ministry of Social Development, or NGO health community in Surkhet.
- Must be a VAT registered professional.
Interested and qualified individuals may request for electronic copies of the Scope of Work by email – email@example.com. Application (application letter mentioning qualification, experience, updated Curriculum Vitae with names of two referees) should be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by November 20, 2019 with subject “Technical Coordinator – Private Sector Engagement.”