CRS is an international NGO based in the United States that works in over 100 countries to promote human development by responding to major emergencies, fighting diseases, poverty, and nurturing peaceful and just societies. CRS Nepal has been implementing emergency response and recovery (Including COVID-19) program in Nepal, and further plans to extend sustainable livelihood development program in various districts of Nepal. Additionally, CRS is implementing USAID supported livelihood technical assistance program Farmer to Farmer (F2F) in Bagmati Province, Province 5, Karnali Province and Sudurpaschim Province. The Housing Recovery and Reconstruction Platform (HRRP) led by CRS Nepal since March 2017 has been providing coordination support services across 32 earthquake affected districts. CRS Nepal is currently looking forward to expanding its support to address the emergency response and recovery needs of the most vulnerable people in Palpa and Gorkha districts affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Exciting Career Opportunities with CRS
CRS is an international NGO based in the United States that works in over 100 countries to promote human development by responding to major emergencies, fighting diseases, poverty, and nurturing peaceful and just societies. CRS Nepal has been implementing multi-sector emergency response and recovery (earthquake, monsoon and COVID) programs in the affected districts and communities of Nepal. CRS Nepal is also implementing a USAID-financed livelihood technical assistance program, Farmer to Farmer (F2F), in Bagmati Province, Lumbini Province, Karnali Province and Sudurpaschim Province. Similarly, CRS Nepal has been coordinating the reconstruction through the leadership of the National/Nepal Housing and Settlements Resiliency Platform (NHSRP), previously known as Housing Recovery and Reconstruction Platform (HRRP) since March 2017 to provide technical and information management support to relevant national, provincial and local governments.
CRS Nepal Invites applications from eligible and interested candidates for the following position:
Technical Coordinator (1 Position-Based in Besisahar, Lamjung): As a Technical Coordinator for Baliyo Ghar Baliyo Sahar, you will work closely with the Program Manager to facilitate the achievement of project objectives through coordinating and reporting on all project activities of Strand 1 of Baliyo Ghar Baliyo Sahar project, leading municipal assessments, developing strategic action plans and providing technical guidance and advice to implementing partners advancing CRS Nepal work ensuring resilience to future shocks. Your coordination and relationship management skills will ensure that the strand for which you are responsible apply best practices and constantly work towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve.
- Organize and lead the implementation of Strand 1 project activities of Baliyo Ghar Baliyo Sahar project as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, good practices and government guidelines.
- Design and lead municipal assessments and support municipalities in developing housing plans and budget. Lead capacity strengthening of local government and actors on building code implementation, and roll-out identified technical solutions (such as Homeowner construction guide) in assigned project areas.
- Ensure timely project activities implementation and adherence to established process standards and procedures. Ensure proper tracking of resource use for project activities through periodic budget reviews and follow-up with and assistance to implementing partner.
- Coordinate with project team to develop a scaling vision and influence agenda to replicate the project interventions in other municipalities. Implement the vision coordinating with identified stakeholders.
- Coordinate and oversee working relationships with all local and provincial stakeholders and serve as the liaison between them and the project team to mobilize local actors and promote project activities and impact.
- Ensure learning properly accompanies project activities throughout the project cycle, based on the project learning agenda.
- Analyze challenges and successes and report any inconsistencies and/or gaps to inform adjustments to technical guidance, coordination and implementation schedules.
- Ensure project documentation for assigned activities is complete with all required documents and is filed per agency requirements. Assist with preparation of reports and documentation of case studies and promising practices.
- Bachelor’s degree or any other equivalent degree in Civil Engineering and/or Architecture is required.
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience in similar roles with an I/NGO in emergency response or recovery housing and settlement programming. Additional experience may substitute for some education is required.
- Report writing skills is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of building codes, municipal bylaws and construction procedures and practices in Nepal is required.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, including academic institutions, local governments, and provincial governments is required.
- Demonstrated ability to represent the organization at coordination meetings with local government, provincial government, and other coordination bodies is required.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, and information management systems is required.
- Candidates with GESI diversity is a plus, including gender (female, other); marginalized groups; persons with disability; and, origin from geographically marginalized location
- Local expertise w/ permanent address in project district and local language competency is a plus
- Experience conducting housing assessments and preparing strategic plans
- Experience conducting research
- Experience and driving license for two-wheeler
To apply for above positions, please click on this link http://bit.ly/crsnepal-jobs by 24 September 2022.
NOTE: While uploading any file: please make file name as: Name_ Resume/ Name- Cover letter
By applying to this job, you as the candidate, understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, you understand that if you are a successful candidate, you will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and your personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate your behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
CRS is an equal opportunity employer committed to a staff composition that reflects the social and ethnic diversity of Nepali Society. It encourages applicants from marginalized communities and geographically remote areas, persons with disabilities, women and other genders are encouraged to apply. CRS Nepal provides many benefits for its staff members including staff development opportunities, paid maternity and paternity leave, nursing hours for nursing mothers, per diems for the child of the staff when staff travel out of station on official business etc.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Reimbursement for lodging and transportation will be provided for the shortlisted candidates who travel from outside of Kathmandu Valley for written test and interview. Until further notice CRS will be following COVID-19 prevention protocols outlined in CRS global guidance, including limiting travel to mission-critical movement only, and using all WHO and Gov’t of Nepal- suggested prevention measures for travel and in-person meetings.