Team Leader (Livelihood Expertise)
Detailed Job description / requirements:
About SAPPROS Nepal
SAPPROS Nepal is a national level non-governmental organization (NGO) established in August 1991. It is amongst the well-recognized NGOs in Nepal. SAPPROS envisions a poverty-free Nepal where people engage themselves in innovative initiatives without having to worry about the basic livelihood matters. It works to improve the lives of small farmers and other disadvantaged communities by providing them opportunities for their socio-economic empowerment.
It has implemented development activities in 52 districts in the past 31 years and is currently working in 18 districts of Nepal spread over 5 provinces Karnali, Sudur Paschim, Gandaki, Lumbini and Bagmati. SAPPROS builds people’s organizations, mobilizes local resources, and promotes participatory planning and processes at the grassroots level. SAPPROS has reached more than 574,000 households through various activities. These range from literacy to saving mobilization, income generation, and provision of drinking water supply. It has promoted different types of self-help groups, user groups, local NGOs, and saving and credit co-operatives.
SAPPROS Nepal has been implementing "Livelihood Restoration Program" for Millenium Challenge Account – Nepal (MCA – Nepal) in Ratmate, Nuwakot. The project aims at restoring the livelihood of affected people due to the Electricity Transmission Project works and construction. The ultimate goal is to ensure that Project affected Families are economically better off and that, in particular the vulnerable and marginalized groups do not become impoverished after the resettlement.
Work in collaboration with the Executive Director and the Senior Management Team of SAPPROS to oversee implementation of the Ratmate LRP implementation and also to provide technical support in results-based planning and budgeting, program monitoring, reporting and evaluation.
General Position Summary
The Team Leader will be working directly under the Executive Director of SAPPROS, with a frequent field visits, preferably 50%, to support and oversee implementation of the LRP implementation.
S/He will work directly with the LRP Ratmate Team Members to help to provide the overall leadership, management, and strategic vision to the implementation of the project. S/He will responsible for the overall management of the project including planning, coordination, and reporting, and will ensure that the program meets its targets and deliverables on-time and within budget.
As gender equality and social inclusion (GESI), safeguarding, governance, and environmental sensitivity are cross-cutting and core components of LRP Ratmate project, the Team Leader is required to own these components and ensure these components are integrated into his/her work area.
Job Description (JD)
Team Leader (Livelihood Expertise)
Executive Director of SAPPROS Nepal
Ratmate Livelihood Restoration Programme (LRP) Implementation
Central Office, Kathmandu with frequent field visit
Millennium Challenge Account – Nepal (MCA-Nepal)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and manage the project activities ensuring highest quality through timely monitoring and reporting of the project activities.
- Manage environmental, gender and social issues in the livelihood restoration programs.
- Lead all levels of communication with MCA-Nepal
- Actively involved in the overall strategic guidance and leadership of the project team
- Provide technical inputs on conducting monitoring, supervision and evaluation of the project activities
- Analyze project progress indicators and update MCA-Nepal and project team, and prepare periodic project reports and provide technical inputs for producing quality reports
- Ensure that the allocated budget is best managed and expenses are regularly monitored, documented and submitted as per the SAPPROS Nepal and MCA-Nepal norms.
- Support project team in revising outcome based framework, activity plan and M&E framework
- Support the collaboration, learning and adapting of MEL plan in the project, and ensure its timely implementation with effective deliverables.
- Organize critical review and reflection meetings periodically to share plan, progress, issues and future course of actions for tracking program interventions.
- Share project level program learning, best practices and experiences in different forums.
- Facilitate to develop and establish safeguarding and grievance handling mechanism in the project all level.
- Support for the process documentation, capture lesson learnt along with the best practices and disseminate them among wider audience.
- Support in project development and other activities as per the need of the organization
Knowledge, experience and skills required
- Master's degree in social science or related fields.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience in project management and implementation of livelihood restoration programs.
- Knowledge of environmental, gender and social issues in Livelihood restoration relevant to infrastructure projects will be an added advantage.
- Should have a proven track- record of successfully managing and coordinating at least 2 programs as a team leader/ deputy leader/ project coordinator of a diverse group of professionals in accomplishing studies or implementing projects of similar nature.
- Familiarity with IFC PS or World Bank OP 4.12 or ADB SPS 2009, including the application of gender and social inclusion considerations and attention to vulnerable groups.
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English and Nepali languages.
Accountability to beneficiaries:
SAPPROS team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, and transparency specifically to our beneficiaries while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring, and evaluation of our field projects.
All LRP technical experts, operation team, finance team and field staffs.
Send a cover letter mentioning the position applied for and an updated CV including 3 references with contact number email to Human Resource Manager at email@example.com, SAPPROS Nepal, Babarmahal, Kathmandu no later than 5:00 pm on 25 November 2022, Friday.