System Administrator /Senior Helpdesk Support Officer
Detailed Job description / requirements:
System Administrator /Senior Helpdesk Support Officer
PROJECT: Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) Nepal
General Summary and Background
The purpose of the Global Health Supply Chain (GHSC) – Procurement and Supply Management (PSM) project is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of USG-funded public health initiatives around the world. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and Population and Reproductive Health. In supporting USG-funded global health activities, GHSC-PSM will develop and manage a wide array of services for health commodity procurement and related systems strengthening technical assistance encompassing different elements of a comprehensive supply chain.
At the country level, GHSC-PSM supports country strategies and priorities that fall under the following three project objectives:
- Global Commodity Procurement and Logistics
- Systems Strengthening Technical Assistance
- Global Collaboration to Improve Long-Term Availability of Health Commodities Purpose
The purpose of System Administrator /Senior Helpdesk Support Officer is to support Government of Nepal system users to provide electronic Logistics Management Information System (eLMIS) system support. The Senior Helpdesk Support Officer shall provide ongoing system support and basic maintenance through administration/operations support and issue resolution to ensure the system works as per the design. The Senior Helpdesk Support Officer shall provide capacity building to eLMIS users and act as Level two (L2) support on the eLMIS. The level two (L2) is the second level support who works on issues that cannot be solved by L1 and that are escalated to L2. L2 will also serve as System Admin and work closely to fine tune the process related to the Helpdesk operation. L2 will work to ensure that the eLMIS helpdesk is providing quality support to all eLMIS users and closely monitor user’s satisfaction to bring value for the system usage and operationalization. L2 will be the main interface with L3 support provided by Bileeta, the software vendor, and will escalate any issues that will requires code change to L3.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and compare eLMIS data against other critical indicators to locate and correct any data issues.
- Execute all tasks related to application configuration, ensure all configurations and Master Data are in line with the Architecture and Design of the eLMIS and assign Tickets to L3 if the issues are related to Bugs and Enhancement.
- Work closely with L1 and ensure all issues are resolved within the defined timeline and work closely with GON team in case of any critical issues.
- Work closely with L1 to follow up with the nonoperational sites; understand the problems and figure out working solutions to make the sites operational
- In coordination and collaboration with IHIMS, participate in monthly eLMIS intervention visits to foster usage of the eLMIS to better support supply and demand planning of health commodities.
- Extract and provide data from eLMIS to MD/IHIMS as per the requirement.
- Ensure that the system enhancement requests, or new feature requests are documented in Team Foundation Server (TFS), along with all relevant details and attachments, where applicable.
- Execute testing of the change’s releases and communication to users regarding updates to eLMIS
- Liaise with the eLMIS Technical Committee to ensure that eLMIS reference data, including Health facility master, product master of the system, is updated and in line with the MoHP’s guidance.
- Collaborate with the project team to escalate and provide details to all items that require software development, including system enhancements, bugs, and new features to the eLMIS Technical Committee providing necessary clarification.
- Contribute to development of user manuals, training plans, guidelines, curriculum, and standard operating procedures (SOPs) for eLMIS users.
- Coordinate with point of contact from GON counterpart and Field Staff of GHSC-PSM project at Provinces to resolve any issues related to eLMIS.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in Engineering, IT, Pharmacy or related field is required.
- Proven working experience in providing help desk support and management.
- Working experience as Helpdesk Support for at least 3+ years.
- Excellent Knowledge of Supply chain management and eLMIS is required.
- Problem-solving skills, methodical and logical approach.
- Strong client-facing and communication skills
- Advanced troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills
- Customer service orientation
- Interpersonal skills
- Teamworking skills
- Written and verbal communication skills with fluency in English is required.
- This is a local position for Nepali nationals
Level of Effort and Location
This long-term position will be based in Katmandu, Nepal, with intermittent travel throughout the country.
Number of vacancies to be filled on this position: Two
Supervision: The System Administrator /Senior Helpdesk Support Officer will report to the eLMIS Helpdesk Coordinator.
Applicants are requested to send their CV and Cover letter at PSMNepalRecruitment@ghsc-psm.org. Deadlines for the application is Friday, October 29, 2021.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.