Statistician/Data Management Lead (Re-Advertised)
PHASE Nepal is a non-governmental, non-profit making, non-political and an equal employment opportunity providing organization, registered under Social Development Act, 2034 at District Administration Office, Kathmandu, and is affiliated with Social Welfare Council of Nepal. For the last 13 years, PHASE Nepal has been improving the livelihoods of poor communities in Humla, Bajura, Mugu, Gorkha, Dhading, Chitwan, Nuwakot, Kathmandu, and Sindhupalchok districts by providing immediate support through health care and education services, and creating opportunities in communities for self-empowerment.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
PHASE Nepal is a not for profit NGO that works on health, education and livelihood projects in remote Himalayan communities. We are currently seeking qualified and energetic professionals for Economic & Social Research Council (ESRC) and the University of Sheffield funded GCRF NGO Secondary Data Analysis Research Project: “Determinants of health in rural Nepal: Utilizing PHASE Nepal data to investigate social inequalities in health and health care amongst under-5s.” The research project’s objective is to create new academic knowledge on the relationship between various forms of inequalities for major determinants of health, utilization of health care services, and treatment adherence in common childhood illness.
The overall purpose of following positions is to compile, digitize and analyze existing paper based patient records of Integrated Management of Neonatal and Childhood Illness (IMNCI) to generate an important new digitized dataset (over the last 5years) from 25 PHASE working health centres in Humla, Mugu, Bajura, Sindhupalchok and Gorkha districts of Nepal. This will help the Research Department at PHASE Nepal to pursue further research questions and address a series of research questions related to uses of health services based on Nepal’s various socio economic and geographical diversities.
PHASE Nepal is currently looking for suitable candidates for the following position:
Position: Statistician/ Data Management Lead (Re-Advertised)
Duty Station: Central Office, Kathmandu with occasional project site visits
Required Number: 1 (One)
Duration: 12 months with possibility of extension.
The Statistician/ Data Management lead will play a leading role and will be responsible for training, supervising, monitoring and overall data management of the research. S/he must take pro-active role in data compiling, digitizing, coordinating, and processing of overall research data to make high quality inferential statistical analysis. Following are the key job related requirements for the position but are not limited to:
- In cooperation with PHASE Nepal research team, identify appropriate tool for digitisation of data
- Develop digital data collection tool for digitizing paper based secondary data of IMNCI from 25 health centers.
- Train, supervise, and monitor Research officers and Data entry person in developing data base for the research.
- Coordinate and support Research department and Research Investigators at PHASE Nepal for statistical analysis of research data.
- Support Research department in developing strong database and information system of PHASE Nepal and build capacity of PHASE Nepal.
- Liaise between the PHASE Nepal team and University of Sheffield researchers.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATION
- Masters in Bio statistics/Statistics (PhD Preferred) or relevant discipline
- Expert on data inputting, data cleaning and data analysis
- Good command over analytical software (SPSS, STATA, R)
- Good command over data entry software KOBO, CSPro, & other ODK tools
- Knowledge on programming language for Python, Ruby, XIsform, etc will be an asset
- Experience in using python or R for analysis and predictions.
- Experience in producing dashboard for data visualization and predictions.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Strong problem-solving and attention to detail
- High quality communication skills, both written and verbal
- Willingness and fitness to travel to remote areas
- Ability to plan and organize overall data management and processing
- Ability to meet urgent deadlines
Salary and benefits: Upto NPR 1,00,000/-(Gross) per month depending upon the qualification, skill and experiences.
We also enroll all our staff in Medical Insurance worth Rs. 2,25,000 (Two Lakh Twenty Five Thousand Only) along with dependent (Spouse, 3 children or Parents) and Accidental Insurance worth Rs. 20,00,000 (Twenty Lakh Only)
How to Apply:
Interested candidates meeting above-mentioned criteria are requested to send their updated CV along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 8th November 2019. Please apply only if you meet the required criteria and clearly mention which position you are applying for.
PHASE Nepal is an equal opportunities employer and strictly follows the merit-based selection. Qualified female candidates or those from disadvantaged communities or living with disability are strongly encouraged to apply. PHASE reserves the right to qualify/disqualify applications in any case.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the further selection process.
No telephone inquiries will be entertained and any inappropriate recommendation will automatically disqualify the candidate from further processing.