Sr. Software Engineer
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Job Title: Sr. Software Engineer
We are a USA-based technology company with a great history of having a software engineering team in Kathmandu. Please come and join a company working on internet web applications using advanced technology. You will be working on a product with Blockchain and coding smart-contracts.
- Work with the team to help solve business problems.
- Design, implement, test, deploy and maintain innovative software solutions to transform service performance, durability, cost, and security.
- Use software engineering best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all of the team deliverables.
- Write high quality distributed system software.
- Work in an agile software development with every sprint of 15 days, where you are always working on the most important stuff.
- Participate in new application solutions, development, and modification of the front-end, as well as of the business logic, build Web API/ Web services.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Very likely to work on Blockchain projects with SmartContracts.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Always open to feedback, new ideas and opportunities for self-improvement.
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices.
- Passionate about maximizing business value.
- Look for ways to help out beyond the scope of your day-to-day work
- Regularly attend daily stand ups and team meetings.
- Proficiency in server-side open source programming languages, such as NodeJS, RoR, Java or Python. GoLang is a plus.
- Experience with RDBMS (SQL and NOSQL), Unix/Linux (including shell scripting).
- Willing and able to learn Solidity (Ethereum smart contract programming) and web3. Knowledge of these is a big plus.
- Experience with test-driven development, continuous integration and continuous deployment processes.
- Strong Computer Science and development fundamentals, including object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Developing, building, and maintaining APIs, user-facing experiences, services, and systems.
- Taking storyboards, wireframes, and concept art all the way to highly-polished
- responsive commercial web applications and interactive experiences.
- Exposure to AWS architecture, concepts, and tools.
- Experience with the full Software Development Life Cycle; front-end and back-end web application development; implementing business logic and developing user interfaces.
- Familiar with tools like Jira, Git, Trello, Moqups, Figma and so on.
- Have dabbled in, educated yourself on, or are experienced working on blockchain technology is a plus. If not, we will train you.
- Security-minded and always keeping an eye out for potential threats and vulnerabilities in your code.
- Clear communicator and educator – ability to communicate with team members.
- Leadership abilities to monitor and supervise a group of employees to achieve goals that contribute to the growth of the organization.
- Self motivated and self-directed; Fast learner.
- Strong English communication and documentation skills.
- Top-notch organization skills.
- Passion for teamwork and collaboration.
- A friendly, competitive, and creative working environment.
- Competitive salary (Greater than the market for deserving candidates).
- 5 working days in a week.
- We pay Festival Bonus for our employees.
- We provide Paid leave, Sick leave, Paternity Leave, Maternity Leave and the National Holidays as per Nepal Calendar.
- We provide leave carry forward too.
- Online courses for your skill enhancement.
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Minimum of 3+ Years of non-internship professional full stack software development experience.
- Our team members are from different time zones, so you might need to work based on the time requirement of the job.
- Must be located in Kathmandu and able to work in our offices (after everyone gets fully vaccinated in Kathmandu).
Please Apply here: https://xcorp.breezy.hr/p/bb4705f83ceb-senior-software-engineer-active