Our place is a perfect blend of re-visiting Victorian era and it’s intriguingly unique ambiance makes Vesper one of the most visited and loved restaurants in Nepal. We aim to serve simple yet authentic Italian food and fine wines with great hospitality within a relaxed environment.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Sous Chef - Italian, European cuisine
We are conducting a search for an outstanding and talented Sous Chef for our well-known and respected Italian, European Restaurant facility within our first-class Wine house property in Jhamsikhel, Lalitpur - Patan.
13 years acclaimed The Vesper Café & Restaurant enjoyed an excellent reputation of being one of the best restaurants in the city and in the area. Highlights of our restaurant would be pleasing and elegant ambiance, high level of cuisine, wines and impeccable service.
Assists the head-chef with overseeing the day to day operation of the kitchen and maintaining the highest quality food products and service.
- Prepares and coordinates daily lunch & dinners from standardized recipes.
- Oversees lunch and dinner for quality assurance meal presentation and portion control.
- Keeps stock rooms, coolers and freezers clean and rotated. All food must be labeled, dated and stored properly.
- Coordinates prep for following day's menu.
- Maintains kitchen cleanliness and food preparation.
- Assists with food and supply inventory control systems, informs purchase manager of all production needs.
- Keeps waste to a minimum by utilizing food storage and food recycling techniques. Employs appropriate loss prevention procedures.
- Performs a pre-meal meeting with food servers to review details of daily or weekely menu.
- Ensures all kitchen equipment is in working order and kept clean at all times.
- Oversees the proper inventory, storage, and use of cleaning chemicals.
- Assists in menu and recipe development.
- Assists in the scheduling of cooks and utility workers to maintain compliance with budgetary guidelines.
- Assists in the adherence to maintaining budget compliance for daily food cost.
Education and Experience
Associate or Bachelor's degree in culinary arts or an equivalent combination of education and food preparation experience in a directly related field. Three to Five years food preparation experience to include sauces, soups, vegetables, meat and seafood. Supervisory experience and knowledge on Italian or European cuisine and planning is preferred.
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to head-chef, supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has working knowledge of the organization. Understands principles of food preparation and culinary terminology. Understands and applies sanitation principles. Capable of managing multiple job tasks including the preparing of several foods at the same time. Ability to coordinate the daily production of menus, recipes and food preparation. Ability to work with interruptions and in a stressful environment. Ability to manage and motivate employees with varied levels of experience and expertise.
Please send your full resume details with photograph to: email@example.com in MS Word format or PDF as an attachment.
Phone: +977 1 5548179, 9808072000
The Vesper Cafe & Restaurant P. LTD.
|Category||Hotel / Resort Business, Food Technology, Hospitality Tourism Hotel|
|Salary||Based on experience|
|Position Type||Full Time|
|Position Level||Senior Level, Mid Level|
|Education||Diploma Hotel Mgmt., Bachelor in Hotel/Hospitality Mgmt. (BHM), Diploma / CTEVT Course|
|Posted Date||02 Jan, 2021|
|Apply Before||01 Feb, 2021|