GrowByData was founded by powerhouses in big data analytics and SaaS, who have leveraged the power of global operations for decades. We help early-to-growth-stage companies use data to improve margins, delight customers, and accelerate revenue growth.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Are you interested in having your products be used by 1000s of brands globally? Does building a global brand excite you? Does having your solutions be used by the world’s top brand get you up from bed? GrowByData is on a mission to expand its distribution to the world’s retailers and is seeking energetic, creative, and self-driven individuals to join the challenge. We are looking for motivated, and talented individual to join us as Software Engineer to deliver our enterprise platform!
TITLE: SOFTWARE ENGINEER
- Design and develop a highly customized report that goes out to internal or external clients.
- Create reports in different views such as Pivots, Charts and Tabular Reports with Prompts and Filters
- Build complex reports from many data sources by writing complex/optimized queries with nested joins and derived tables.
- Speed up reports that previously took longer time to run.
- Work with BI team to help create reporting standards, to guide the company with their Business Intelligence road map.
- Generate reports using in-built custom framework (python as backend and Laravel as frontend) with expanded data capacity, advanced calculations/queries and deploy them to BI server.
- Develop additional new features required for report delivery.
- Design compelling dashboards to deliver actionable insights.
- Support and maintain home grown BI reporting tool.
- Work collaboratively with team to achieve goals.
- Be a persistent, creative problem ¬solver and remain cool and effective in a crisis.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Excel under tight deadlines, and proactively communicate with team members and managers.
- Communicate proactively and effectively with team members leads, management and client.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of the work.
- Assist in creating a friendly, entrepreneurial and A+ corporate culture in Nepal.
- Proven knowledge on data representation, visualization, and reporting
- Strong knowledge in writing SQL queries
- Experience in at least one popular Python web framework like Django, Flask, Falcon
- Experience working with PHP and PHP frameworks preferably (Laravel, PHP Unit, PHP composer)
- Experience with building and deploying RESTful APIs.
- Sound working knowledge with databases/servers such as MySQL/SQL Server, PostgreSQL (preferred)
- Strong knowledge of version control system (Git)
- Experience with information retrieval, data extraction and analytics-based solution is preferred.
- Adequate knowledge on database modeling and optimization.
- Experience with Unix/Linux systems and cloud-based infrastructure and platform services
- Passionate about learning new technology and self-motivated / Self-driven to contribute ideas and share knowledge proactively / Must be a team player.
- Willing to work off-hours if required, experience communicating with international clients preferred.
- Good communication skills in English; both Spoken and Written.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math or related field.
- Prior experience in relevant field would be preferred and favorable.
If the challenge excites you, please apply with your CV and 3 reasons why this excited you.
Email: email@example.com to be considered immediately.