Short Term Technical Advisor - Ag
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Short-term Technical Advisor |Nepal |2021
Chemonics seeks a short-term technical advisor to support proposal preparation and development for an anticipated USAID opportunity focused on agriculture input systems in Nepal. Applicants with expertise in one or more of the following areas are encouraged to apply:
- Agriculture input systems
- Market-based approaches
- Seed, fertilizer, irrigation, and/or agricultural equipment inputs
- Financing solutions for agricultural MSMEs
- Digital technologies and modern equipment for agriculture market systems
- Climate-adaptive and sustainable water management and irrigation systems
- Inclusive agriculture-led economic growth
We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide strategic guidance and recommendations to the proposal effort
- Conduct technical research as requested by the home office team
- Review technical drafts and provide written feedback
- Identify key stakeholders and arrange meetings and interviews relevant to the technical sector
- Attend meetings and interviews and provide simultaneous interpretation as needed
- Translate CVs, technical reports, presentations, publications, and/or other documents (often containing technical language) as needed
- Other tasks as identified
- A degree in a relevant field
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in the technical sector; donor-funded project experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to establish strong working relationships with government officials, non-governmental organizations, and other donors
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached with “ST Technical Advisor - Ag” in the subject line to Nepalrecruit@chemonics.com by July 8, 2021. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.