Short-Term Consultant, Media Specialist
Detailed Job description / requirements:
KISAN II – CONSULTANT TERMS OF REFERENCE
POSITION TITLE: Short-Term Consultant, Media Specialist
LOCATION: Kathmandu, Nepal
LENGTH: Up to 120 days between December 16, 2020- September 15, 2021
The USAID-funded Feed the Future Knowledge-based Integrated Sustainable Agriculture in Nepal (KISAN) II project operates in 25 districts within 4 provinces. By focusing on five commodities: vegetables, rice, maize, lentil, and goats, KISAN II is working to increase the resilience, inclusiveness, and sustainability of income growth through agriculture development. Through a private sector-led facilitative approach, KISAN II identifies and addresses constraints within key market systems to strengthen and improve agriculture markets, improve value chain efficiency, and manage unexpected shocks.
Media outreach communication is critical to amplify successes of KISAN II, given the project’s multiple target audiences, ranging from donors and implementing partners, to private sector and market actors, as well as government decision-makers. Producing and placing clear, informative, and high-quality media and outreach products will help KISAN II reach these individual target audiences.
OBJECTIVE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
The overall objective of this assignment is to provide media planning, production and placement support to the KISAN II communications team, and help amplify KISAN II's successes and achievements. Specific design tasks and needs are outlined below.
- Finalize KISAN II media outreach plan (including traditional, social, and online platforms) in coordination communications and program team.
- Develop appropriate media content and products for traditional media (such as TV), social media and online platforms based on the media outreach plan.
- Coordinate with media and/or media agency to develop/adapt appropriate programs including panel discussions to showcase KISAN II's successes and achievements.
- Support communications team to develop project videos and presentations.
- Provide media design and placement support for communications and outreach materials including: social media posts, success stories, graphics, and other materials, as needed.
- Ensure USAID's media engagement guidelines are fully applied before making media placements.
- Has at least five years of media production and placement experience.
- Has prior media engagement experience working with leading national media channels such as Nepal Television, Kantipur Television and Kantipur Daily, local media channels and digital media platforms.
- Has prior experience working for a USAID-funded project, preferably with Feed the Future project/s.
- Is familiar or has experience working in agriculture and agri-business sectors in Nepal.
- Has good command in both Nepali and English languages.
- Can submit samples or references of similar prior work.
The media specialist will report to the KISAN II Senior Communications and Outreach Manager, in consultation with COP.
Issuance of this notice does not obligate Winrock International to award a Consultancy Service, nor will Winrock International pay any costs associated with the preparation or submission of application. Furthermore, Winrock International reserves the right to reject any and all applications, if such action is considered to be in the best interest of Winrock International. The consultancy service is contingent upon donor approval.
- A letter of interest, stating why you are suitable for the assignment
- Budget: Propose daily rate along with copy of contract/agreement, or other proof of two latest assignments.
- PAN registration certificate (copy of VAT certificate is must if the total consultancy value exceeds or equal to NRs. 500,000)
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can post the required documents at eoi.KISAN@winrock.org within December 13, 2020. Applicants should reference Consultant- Media Specialist in the subject line. Applications received after the stipulated date will not be entertained.