Senior System Engineer
LIS Nepal Private Limited is a sister concern of Yomari Group of Companies. It is a privately held company established in 21 July, 2014, with the same proprietor of Yomari. LIS Nepal specializes in a broad range of data integration, data warehousing and business intelligence solutions, with a special focus on retail industry. It is also one of the development centers for Logic Information Systems, Inc. (http://www.logicinfo.com ). Moreover, LIS Nepal also focuses on providing ICT related services to Nepal's domestic market. Its services include software development, infrastructure services, system integration, project implementation and representing foreign ICT companies in Nepal. Currently, LIS team size comprises of 100+ team members working closely with Development, HR, Operations, Infra and Finance team. At LIS, we are committed to understand the unique technological needs of our clients and providing them the best solutions. We have all it takes to succeed: a team of experienced IT professionals with the character and competence to do the job right.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
We are looking for self-driven, motivated and result oriented professional to be part of our dynamic team as “Senior System Engineer”. Details of the same have been highlighted below;
- Handle network technologies with multi vendor’s environment (routers, firewalls, switches, etc.)
- Tune network performance by analyzing different network parameters, scheduling upgrades and focus on network optimizations.
- Develop network infrastructures and system implementation solutions and make recommendations on systems enhancements for optimization.
- Perform network assessments and security testing.
- Develop automation tools and processes to help scale operations.
- Perform server data backup, data migration and disaster recovery operations.
- Coordinate with software developers and system analysts to design effective solutions that meet requirements for functionality and integration with existing components.
- Research, develop, and implement new technologies and practices.
- Documentation and Reporting of assigned task to supervisor.
- Lead, supervise and train other technical teams.
- Communication with customers as required; keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages.
- Bachelor degree, with a technical major, such as engineering, computer science or similar relevant field.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in area of network and system administration.
- Strong communications skills- both verbal and written.
- Team player, self-driven attitude and provide effective solutions.
- Experience in administering windows/Linux systems and Virtualization (VMware and Citrix).
- Experience with Linux, Unix, DNS, LDAP/AD as well as Linux shell/PowerShell scripting/MySQL is a plus.
- Able to effectively manage multiple simultaneous projects.
- Familiarization with public cloud service like Amazon Web Service and Microsoft Azure.
- Familiarization with DevOps tools (Ansible/Jenkins).
- Have known knowledge on effective cyber security tools.
- RHCE/Network Security Certification would be an added advantage.
Interested candidates are requested to send in their cover letter and resume clarifying their work experience and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th November 2020.