Senior Finance Officer
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Childaid Network Foundation, Nepal
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION/ REQUIREMENTS
Childaid Network is a German Foundation, registered as an international NGO in Nepal, located in Jhamsikhel. CAN is an independent and ideologically neutral children’s charity providing access to education, health, vocational training and child rights to needy children and young adults in South East Asia.
CAN Nepal is looking for a Senior Finance Officer and invites applications from the interested and eligible candidates for this position.
Qualification: Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- At least seven years of working experience including five years of managerial experience in relevant field preferably in the I/NGO sector and experience of independently leading accounts, admin and the finance departments
- Previous experience and good computer skills with ability to work with accounting software packages Knowledge of the Government of Nepal’s taxation policies, laws etc.
- A minimum of 5 years’ progressive financial management and grants management experience on development projects
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, creative problem-solving, conflict management skills Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills in English and Nepali
- Oversee accounts and finance management of the Country Office including the yearly budget development together with the Management
- Liaise with the Management to ensure a functional Finance and Admin system in terms of accounting, contracts, human resources, IT, and operations
- Coordinate requests for funds, based on budget and cash flow projections
- Manage the accounting, finance and administration components of the program, including procedures for monitoring and analyzing partner budgets, finance reports as well as financial controlling and annual project audits.
- Provide necessary guidance (workshops and training sessions) and advice to partners on financial reporting according to rules and regulations of Childaid Network and German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ)
- Coordinate and oversee procurement and purchase activities
- Develop, set up and manage financial reporting systems and procedures to ensure compliance with local regulatory and tax legislation as well as organizational policies and guidelines
- Ensure a good inventory management process
- Coordinate and support for conducting Audits both external & internal
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Develop financial strategies and plans for the long-term financial goals of the organization
- Lead to comply with SWC's provision (approval, amendment, monitoring, etc.) in coordination with the Country Management
- Responsible for yearly tax clearances, tax deposits and other governmental regulation compliance.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application and CV no later than 31st July, 2021 through email to email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.