Detailed Job description / requirements:
Pacific Trading House Pvt. Ltd., established in 2011 and based in Nayabazaar, Kathmandu is a distribution company. Together with our sister organisation, Paradise Distributors Pvt. Ltd., we are engaged in distributing domestic and imported products to on-trade and modern-trade market within Kathmandu.
With the expansion of the business, we are now looking for an experienced Accountant with a positive can-do attitude willing to take the challenges. The role will be responsible for day-to-day billing/invoicing, processing cash receipts, credit memos and follow up on collection. Applicant must be organized, have great follow-up skills and be detail oriented. Experience working with receivables/distribution/wholesale environment is helpful.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the below:
- Prepare invoices as per the customer orders, work closely with the Store Keeper and Delivery team to ensure the deliveries are made in time.
- Responsible for maintaining the accounts receivable aging for customers, receiving incoming customer payments, entering cash receipts and completing bank deposits.
- Communicating with customers (verbally, via email or letter) to reconcile customer accounts. Communications will involve requesting past due payments and clarifying charge-backs, deductions, and allowances.
- Research, verify and analyze returns, proof of delivery, shortages and allowances with Customer Service, and Salesmen
- Assist with month-end and year closings and will be required to prepare various excel reports
- Accounting Clerical duties such as filing, making collections phone calls and sending out past due correspondence
- Basic Bookkeeping knowledge a plus
- Responsible for such other duties and assignments which the Company deems appropriate.
What you will need:
- Must have 2+ years experience as an Accountant in similar environment
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- Familiarity with the "Swastik" Accounting software will be an added advantage
- Credit and debit payments
- Detail oriented, ability to multitask, work independently and prioritise tasks
- A positive and team-oriented approach
If you think you have what it requires to take on the challenge, please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter.