Sales and Operation Manager
We are Nepal's leading adventure travel group. We share our great experience of trekking and exploration of the mountains. Thamserku was born in shadows of the mighty Everest, the dream of a Sherpa to share his passion for the mountains, nature and people of the beautiful Himalayas to the world. 25 years of steadfast experience in making lives adventurous and joyful has earned Thamserku a label as premier adventure travel company in the Himalayas and is respected all over the world. After a decade of expansion and working towards this goal, Thamserku now stands as the foremost company in Nepal to offer specialized travel and exploration services to more than 5000 clients each year in over 15 countries with it's specific strategic brands. Though the expansion and growth has resulted in wider audiences, the story of Thamserku is still about family, a family of highly skilled individuals aiming to share their vision across borders. We also work in close alliance with our sister companies to provide a second to none all round services for travelers in Nepal.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Job Position: Sales and Operation Manager
Location: Naxal, Kathmandu
Yeti Mountain Home is a group of comfort lodges situated in the Khumbu/Everest region of Nepal. These lodges are amongst the world's highest lodges, offering panoramic views of some of the highest mountains in the world such as Mt. Everest. Each of our lodges have 15 - 20 spacious rooms, furnished with high quality, modern furnishings but in traditional style YMH rooms provide comfort with charm, modern functionality with Sherpa detailing, a wonderful place to rest and replenish after a day on the trail.
With its commitment to employing, training and developing staff from the local villages and valleys, YMH ensures its lodge teams offer the Sherpa welcome and service to our guests. From cooks to cleaners, waitresses to porters our staff tends to stay with us for many years. We're sure this is one of the keys to the happy atmosphere and relaxed, family feel to our lodges across the Khumbu.
Job Title: Sales and Operation Manager
We are looking for a smart and dynamic person to manage sales and operation in our Kathmandu head Office. The candidates must have strong, effective and excellent interpersonal skill. The individual must have the ability to work independently, as well as maintain a positive working relationship with the team. Perform multiple tasks under tight deadlines without sacrificing quality or accuracy. Strong attention to detail and follow-through.
- Understanding clients need and providing the appropriate trip proposals
- Organizing trip itineraries and modifying them as per the client’s needs
- Preparing quotations for travelers
- Regular follow up by emails and phone before closing the files
- Update inquires data in system for regular sales and financial reports
- Briefing and de-briefing clients
- Achieving sales target
- Sales correspondence
- Leading the Sales, HR and operations team in Head Office and lodges
- Provide smooth coordination with operation department
- Implement the updated sales initiatives, strategies and programs
- Maintaining harmonious and effective working relationships with our FIT clients and agents
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree (preference given to those in tourism field).
- Two to three years of experience in similar position and field
- Proficient in computer skills using MS Word, Excel, Outlook and power point.
- Excellent client-facing, internal communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail, deadline-driven and multitasking skills