RM Health Sector Support Officer
Everest Club was established in 1993 as a non-profit organization and registered at District Administration Office Dailekh and focused on improving socio-economic status of marginalized people. Everest Club (EC), Dailekh is working in the area of renewal WASH promotion, hygiene behavior change coalition, income generation, health and nutrition, adolescent sexual reproductive health, violence against women and girls, policy based advocacy, income generation, entrepreneurship development, Marketing and networking. It works on the basis that water and sanitation are human rights, and are essential services vital for health, nutrition, education and livelihoods. Everest Club is working as local partner of SNV Nepal for implementation of the DFAT Australia’s Water for Women Fund supported - Beyond the Finish Line (BFL) - Inclusive and Sustainable Rural Water Supply Services project in four Rural Municipalities of Dailekh. In addition to BFL projects regular planned interventions, SNV and EC aim to support Health Facilities (HFs) in order to address COVID-19 related challenges, by supporting infection prevention in all the HFs in one target RM in line with DFAT COVID 19 priorities. This includes improving capacity and facilities for both WASH infrastructure and infection prevention practices. The project complements the Beyond the Finish Line’s objective to improve access to water supply, handwashing with soap and menstrual hygiene management, by adding further focus on HFs and COVID-19 prevention, and to develop the capacity of RMs for WASH in HFs. Everest Club (EC), Dailekh invites applications for the following position.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Position : RM Health Sector Support Officer-1
Qualification and Key Competencies:
RM Health Sector Support Officer will be responsible for capacity building, institutional strengthening, and quality oversight for: updating knowledge; clarifying roles and responsibilities; developing plans; ensuring availability of equipment and supplies; implementing improved practices and protocols; and monitoring progress, on infection prevention at all HFs in the target RM. The RM Health Sector Support Officer will work under the technical guidance of SNV experts.
The RM Health Sector Support Officer will report to the BFL Project Coordinator at EC and work closely with the project teams at EC and SNV experts and District WASH Advisor. S/he will engage closely with stakeholders from RM including elected officials, technical staff, Health Facilities and Disability People Organizations.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
1. Organise Master training on IP/PBCC for HF and RM staff, and participate in the training to be able to provide follow-up.
2. Support HF-Incharge to form HFQIC in each HF, for quality oversight of IP and PBCC.
3. Organize and monitor quality of wholesite/on-site orientation at HF level and supportaction planning.
4. Support HFs to assess and prepare IP supply package and install IEC materials to strengthen infection prevention in all HFs
5. Strengthen HFQIC functioning for quality monitoring and improvement.
6. Strengthen HFOMC operation processes (including SOPs, maintenance).
7. Build capacity of RM health sector staff for improving infection prevention practices and quality assurance in all HFs.
8. Strengthen RM-wide quality monitoring process with activation or operationalization of RM-QAWC.
9. Use theory and practice to support strengthening of mainstreaming BFL project.
10. Prepare the progress reports and case study on strengthening GESI processes and outcomes through COVID-19 response.
1. Bachelors in public health or equivalent. 2. Minimum 2 years’ experience in implementing public health related projects with local government or with health sector at any level. 3. Experience in capacity building on infection prevention in HFs is desired. 4. Experience in Gender and Social Inclusion integration is desired.5. Willingness and ability to travel frequently throughout RM 6. Good communication/team work skill. 7. Ability to work under pressure and within the tight time frame.
Report to: Project Coordinator BFL-ARWSS, EC
Duty Station: one of the RMs in Dailekh with frequent field visit to Health Facilities.
Contract Type: as per EC HR policy
Contract duration: approx. 8 months (till June 2021)
How to Apply:Interested and qualified Nepali citizens are requested to apply with the updated CV (not more than 3 page) and a cover letter (not more than 1 page) by 5th November 2020 at firstname.lastname@example.org or directly drop at the office of Everest Club, Dailekh.
Please note the position recruitment is dependent on approval of donor contract.For more detail please contact on 089420247; 9848041631
Hand Hygiene for All, #HH4A
"हातको सरसफाइ सबैका लागि - साबुन पानी हात, सधैं साथसाथ "