Research: Progress Inc.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Brief description of organization
Progress Inc. is a private company which specializes in research, monitoring and evaluations, assessments, capacity building and other data management for public, private and non-profit sectors in the social development sector. The organization works in various sectors including gender, education, governance, livelihood, DRR, WASH, and more.
We are looking for senior research position that will lead a small team of researchers as well as work independently to ensure the vision/values of the organization is fulfilled. We are looking for someone who will be comfortable to work in all the thematic areas that we work under and not just one specific sector.
Position Title: Research Specialist (Senior Position)
Salary: Negotiable as per experience after evaluation (company incentives/benefits and annual performance bonus will also be provided)
Contract: Full-time Employment
Working Hours: 9:30 AM – 5 PM (Sunday to Friday)
- Lead a team of 4-5 researchers/juniors
- Lead different projects; tool development and lead report writer
- Multi-task between projects
- Able to communicate with clients on the update of the ongoing projects
- Work in all thematic area that the organization works in as a general research specialist and not just a specific area
- Visualize and plan the mission and values of the company
- Meet deadline/timeline of all work; ensure other team members do same
- Assign desk review, literature review and other backend study to other team members
- Requires to validate field findings through stakeholder and client discussion or meetings
- Prepare/lead qualitative and quantitative instruments, survey, questionnaire, etc.
- Facilitate training to participants or other team members, when required
- Consolidate and synthesize the information for qualitative data analysis
- Lead report writing and liaison with other team members; must be able to finalize the report
- Prepare the report as per branding guidelines of the organization
- Prepare financial/budgeting plan for projects
- Other as assigned
- Excellent English report writing (An absolute MUST) and oral communication skills in Nepali
- Must have true passion for writing
- Master’s Degree in Journalism, Development Studies, Anthropology, Sociology or similar that is relevant in the development sector. Anything below does not qualify unless you have years of similar experience
- 5 years or more ACTUAL experience specifically in the field of M&E and/or research in the social development sector
- Able to adamantly manage, motivate, and review the performance of a team
- Experienced in research methodology and data collection
- Knowledge of statistical data analysis packages – SPSS, STATA or other similar is added advantage
- Able to multi-task handling different projects
- Able to work efficiently within the stipulated deadline in a fast paced environment
- Able to work independently with minimal to no supervision
- Able to guide a small team and assign work effortlessly
- Honest and dedicated to the organizations values
Interested candidates are requested to submit their updated CV to by Sep 30, 2021, with the subject title of the email as “Research Specialist”.
We are looking to fill the position and close the vacancy as soon as we find the right candidate. Early applicants are encouraged. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for written test and interview. No telephone inquiries will be entertained and any inappropriate recommendation will automatically disqualify the candidate from further processing.