Research: Progress Inc.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Brief description of organization
Progress Inc. is a private company which specializes in research, monitoring and evaluations, assessments, capacity building and other data management for public, private and non-profit organizations in the social development sector. The organization works in various sectors including gender, education, governance, livelihood, DRR, WASH, and more.
We are looking for an experienced Research Officer who has previously been engaged in research projects in tool development, field work, and report writing activities. Qualitative and quantitative analysis skills and previous work experience in a research firm is highly sought. The Research Officer should have excellent spoken Nepali and English writing and editing skills. In addition, they should have formatting skills on Microsoft suites.
Position Title: Research Officer
Working Hours: 9 AM – 5 PM (Monday to Friday)
Contract: Minimum commitment of 2 years
- Lead different projects; prepare questionnaire, field work design, and report writing
- The candidate will work in the multi-sector areas such as DRR, WASH, livelihood, governance, agriculture, education, etc. and not just one specialization
- Able to format reports and notes in Microsoft Office within the provided branding guidelines of the organization.
- Prepare and manage project proposals
- Monitoring and supervision of the project activities
- Excellent planning and deadline driven individual
- Conduct desk review and literature review
- Conduct data collection through field visits as required
- Experienced in preparing qualitative and quantitative tools, survey, questionnaire, etc.
- Lead report writing and liaison with other team members; must be able to finalize the report
- Other as assigned by supervisor
- Prior work experience in research company will be given preference
- Excellent English report writing and editing skills and oral communication skills in English and Nepali
- Highly skilled in Microsoft word and excel for report formatting
- Master’s Degree graduate in Journalism, Development Studies, Anthropology, Sociology or similar that is relevant in the development sector (Bachelor’s degree does not qualify unless they have relevant experience and will commit for long term)
- Previous 2-3 years’ experience specifically in the field research (College thesis will not be considered experience)
- Experienced in data collection methods like survey, interviews, and group discussions
- Good understanding of statistical data analysis packages – SPSS, STATA or other similar
- MUST be willing to travel to rural areas of Nepal with basic amenities for projects in any situation
- Able to work efficiently within the stipulated deadline
- Motivated to work as per the need of the organization
Interested candidates are requested to submit their updated CV to email@example.com by Feb 17, 2022, with the subject title of the email as “Research Officer”. Please apply at earliest as applicable candidates will be immediately contacted for a written test and then interview.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No telephone inquiries will be entertained and any inappropriate recommendation will automatically disqualify the candidate for further processing.