Research: Progress Inc.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Brief description of organization
Progress Inc. is a private company which specializes in research, monitoring and evaluations, assessments, capacity building and other data management for public, private and non-profit sectors in the social development sector. The organization works in various sectors including education, agriculture, governance, livelihood, DRR, WASH, and many more.
NOTE: We are only looking for Nepali candidates with prior professional experience in research / monitoring and evaluation. Those with only schooling / education thesis experience are not qualified for this opening.
Position Title: Research Officer
(Initially 3 months probation contract, extended to 2 years after successful performance review)
Working Hours: 9:30 AM – 5 PM (Sunday to Friday)
Salary Range: NPR 40,000 - 50,000 per month
- Lead different projects; prepare questionnaire, field work design, and lead the report writing
- The candidate will work in the multi-sector areas such as DRR, WASH, livelihood, governance, agriculture, education, etc. and not just one specialization
- Able to format reports and notes in Microsoft Office within the provided branding guidelines of the organization.
- Prepare and manage project proposals
- Monitoring and supervision of the project activities; able to communicate to clients
- Excellent planning and deadline driven individual
- Conduct desk review, literature review and other backend study as required
- Conduct data collection through field visits
- Prepare qualitative and quantitative instruments, survey, questionnaire, etc.
- Lead report writing and liaison with other team members; must be able to finalize the report
- Other as assigned by supervisor
- Excellent English report writing skills (An absolute MUST) and oral communication skills in English and Nepali; Should possess true passion for writing
- Highly skilled in Microsoft word and excel for report formatting
- Master’s Degree graduate in Journalism, Development Studies, Anthropology, Sociology or similar that is relevant in the development sector (Bachelor’s degree does not qualify)
- 1-2 years or more - experience specifically in the field of M&E and/or research, in the social development sector or NGOs
- Experienced in data collection methods like survey, interviews, and group discussions
- Good understanding of statistical data analysis packages – SPSS, STATA or other similar
- MUST be willing to travel to rural areas of Nepal with basic amenities for projects in any situation
- Able to work efficiently within the stipulated deadline in a fast paced environment
- Able to work independently with minimal to no supervision
- Motivated to work as per need of the organization
Interested candidates are requested to submit their updated CV to by July 31, 2021, with the subject title of the email as “Research Officer”. Please apply at earliest as applicable candidates will be immediately contacted for a written test and then interview.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No telephone inquiries will be entertained and any inappropriate recommendation will automatically disqualify the candidate from further processing.