Research: Progress Inc.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
About our Company:
Progress Inc. specializes in research, monitoring and evaluations, assessments, capacity building and other managerial support (documentation review, training, data entry/analysis). The organization works in various sectors such as education, nutrition, agriculture, governance, livelihood, DRR, WASH, health, and many more.
Position: Research Officer
Working Hours: 9 AM – 5 PM (6 days a week)
- Provide support in different projects of the company
- Prepare project proposals
- Monitoring and supervision of the project activities in coordination with other members
- Conduct desk review, literature review and other backend study as required
- Conduct data collection through field visit for projects as required
- Prepare/support in qualitative and quantitative instruments, survey, questionnaire, etc.
- Provide training or provide support to facilitators
- Clean, consolidate and prepare the dataset for quantitative data analysis and help in coding for qualitative data
- Prepare report, field notes, or summary of projects
- Overview financial budget/aspect of project
- Excellent report writing and oral communication skills in English (An absolute MUST)
- Master’s Degree in development studies or social sciences
- At least 2-3 years of similar experience in the field of M&E and/or social research
- Experienced in data collection methods like survey, interviews, and group discussions
- Strong analytical skills and experience in conducting literature reviews
- Good understanding of statistical data analysis packages – SPSS, STATA or other similar
- Digital data collection experience will be an added bonus skills
- Open to travel to rural areas of Nepal with basic amenities
Interested candidates are requested to submit their updated CV along with a sample report (A full report or some part of a report written by the candidate herself/himself) to firstname.lastname@example.org by Oct 30, 2020, with the subject title of the email as “Application for Research Officer”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No telephone inquiries will be entertained and any inappropriate recommendation will automatically disqualify the candidate from further processing.