Research Consulting Firm
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Research Study –Understanding the knowledge, attitude, practice and intentions of abortions and social norms among girls, women, leaders and policymakers
Ipas is a pioneering global reproductive health and rights organization of multidisciplinary experts, focused on amplifying, defending, and advancing access to safe abortion services and rights. Ipas in Nepal have been working through collaboration with the Ministry of Health and Population (MoHP)/Government of Nepal to provide the technical support to initiate and expand Safe Abortion Services (SAS) in the country since 2002. Collaborating with the Ministry of Health and Population and its division and centers since 2002 and establishing a country office in 2008, Ipas Nepal’s comprehensive efforts have contributed to improving women’s reproductive health and rights mainly through increased access to safe abortion and protecting the right of women to determine their own reproductive health choices.
We are looking for a Research Consulting Firm to document the advancements made in the safe abortion ecosystem from the viewpoints of the community and rights holders, with a particular emphasis on three key elements: the shift in social norms, the women's empowerment dimensions (Agency, Relations, and Structure), and in the knowledge, attitude, practice, and intentions of women and girls as well as of the Service Providers and policy makers at the intervention area of Ipas Nepal.
The overall objective of the study is to understand the knowledge, attitude, practice and intentions of abortions and social norms among girls, women, leaders and policy makers. To this end, the general objective of the study is to provide the data that which can be utilized to improve and evaluate Ipas Nepal activities.
- To assess the existing level of knowledge, attitude, practice, and intentions of abortion among women and girls
- To identify personal experiences of women and girls, barriers, risks, and social support in obtaining safe abortion services
- To understand and communicate problems and solutions surrounding abortion access
- To assess the existing level of knowledge, attitude, practice and intentions of abortion among policy maker and political leaders of all three level of governments.
Role and Responsibilities of the firm:
The research firm will provide Ipas Nepal with the following:
- Inception Report with detailed timelines and adaptation of tools
- Research proposal ready to upload for IRB submission
- Final questionnaire both English and Nepali with codes corresponding to the dataset
- Final checklist of qualitative data collection (KII and FGD guidelines)
- Guidelines for a field researcher
- Fieldwork completion report
- A clean dataset in SPSS/Stata with codes
- Translated KIIs and FGDs
- Syntaxes for variable recording and analysis
- Preliminary results and Output Tables
- Draft Report
- A final report addressing feedback and comments.
Activity timeline for the study:
October to Dec 2022
Research firm experiences:
- Experienced in conducting research in SRHR as well as Gender and Social Norms
- Experienced in conducting KAPI survey
- Experienced in conducting a qualitative study
- Strong background in mixed methods (both qualitative and quantitative methodology)
- Strong analytical skills in both qualitative and quantitative data
- Good communication and ability to deal with local partners
- Experienced in working with international NGOs
For detailed ToR, please visit the link given https://nepal.ipas.org/tor-for-research/
Application requirement: Make an online application submitting the Technical and Financial proposals in separate files/document to email ID- firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “RFP to conduct research for understanding the knowledge, attitude, practice and intentions of abortions and social norms among girls, women, leaders and policy makers
Application Submission Deadline: 26 September 2022
Only short-listed consulting firms will be contacted for further selection process. Telephone inquiries will not be entertained. Canvassing at any stage of the recruitment process shall lead to automatic disqualification and Ipas Nepal reserves the rights on the final candidate selection.