Request for Expression of Interest (EOI)
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Request for Expression of Interest (EOI) for its Anticipated Biodiversity Project funded by European Union for supporting civil society organizations’ (CSOs) ability to engage as actors in promoting green growth from the locally registered NGOs in Banke or Bardiya
Date of Publication: 02 Aug 2022
Closing Date of submission: 07 Aug 2022
1) Introduction of ADRA: The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) is a global humanitarian organization with a mission to work with people in poverty and distress to create just and positive change. ADRA delivers relief and development to individuals in more than 118 countries. ADRA is changing the world through the four impact areas: Health, Education, Livelihood, and Emergency response efforts. ADRA Nepal has developed its expertise in these sectors and in various subsectors, specifically in agricultural development, climate change adaptation, Biodiversity, economic development, livelihood, infrastructure development, scholarship program, humanitarian response, urban-DRR, Disaster Risk Reduction and Management (DRRM), infant young and maternal child health and nutrition, gender equality and social inclusion and family planning.
ADRA has been active in Nepal since 1987 with a successful portfolio of Livelihood (Agriculture and Economic Development), Disaster Risk Management, Humanitarian Response, and Health, and Education Program serving the unreached population in the remotest villages of Nepal.
2) Brief Note on Project
ADRA Nepal is planning to implement the anticipated Biodiversity project funded by European Union for supporting civil society organizations’(CSOs) ability to engage as actors in promoting green growth from the locally registered NGOs in Banke or Bardiya.
As per the concept, Biodiversity is the basis for food security and health, it purifies air, soil and water, absorbs vast quantities of carbon, helps keep the climate in balance and soils fertile, converts waste back into resources, pollinates and fertilises crops, ensures stability of water supply, and much more. It is not only an environmental issue; it is essential to human life and socio-economic development. The Communication on an EU Biodiversity Strategy for 203014 aims to bend the curve of biodiversity loss by addressing all key drivers, and to protect, restore and promote the sustainable use of ecosystems. Actions specifically targeting biodiversity, nature and the direct drivers of biodiversity loss15 can bring major economic and social benefits thanks to the ecosystem services that nature provides as well as concrete opportunities for the green economy.
2.1. Project Duration: 3 years
2.2 Project Locations/districts: Selected LGs f Banke and Bardiya Districts
2.3. Project Details
The project will focus on biodiversity conservation, ecosystem restoration, livelihood and local economy development, green jobs, human wildlife conflict / wildlife corridor, and Policy strengthening, networking and awareness raising, knowledge documentation and dissemination
B) Guiding Note for Applicant
ADRA Nepal is inviting Expression of Interest from qualified local NGOs to partner with ADRA Nepal in implementing its anticipated project in selected LGs of Bardiya and Banke Districts.
Minimum Criteria of the Applicant NGOs:
- NGO registered in project area (district) with strong working experience on subject of interest.
- Local NGOs, the organization should be registered in the project district
- Experienced of working in biodiversity sector at community level
- Also, demonstrable experience in biodiversity, ecosystem restoration, livelihood and local economy development, green jobs, policy strengthening, networking and awareness raising and gender, equity and social Inclusion.
- Good standing in communities for implementation and strong linkages and coordination with all stakeholders.
- Have in-house human resource capacity to mobilize immediately after start of project.
- Professionally qualified with work experience in fast-paced and low resource environment with a national/international organization.
C) Procedure for preparing and submission:
ADRA Nepal invites expression of Interest from qualified local organizations with experience for the biodiversity project. The eligible NGOs registered as per Nepal Government’s rules and regulations are requested to apply for the call by 07 August 2022. The proposal can be submitted at email@example.com or can be dropped hard copy at ADRA Nepal office Sanepa.
Please downloaded EOI and see the detailed descriptions from the link below:
ADRA Nepal reserves all rights to make decision and/or cancel the assignment without any information. The proposal received after the deadline will not be considered. Submission of false information and statements will disqualify the EOI.
i. Only short-listed NGOs will be notified for further detailed organizational assessment.
ii. ADRA Nepal reserves the right to accept or reject any or all applications without giving any reason whatsoever.
iii. Attempt to influence by any means during the selection process will lead to disqualification.
ADRA Nepal, Sanepa, Lalitpur
Phone Number: 5455913/14
If required further clarification, please do write to firstname.lastname@example.org