Request for Applications-Short Term Survey Team Lead
DAI was founded in 1970 by three graduates of Harvard Universities Kennedy School of Government intent on providing a more dynamic and effective brand of development assistance. This entrepreneurial approach would look beyond traditional philanthropy to embrace the virtues of the private sector, and build a company that delivers social and economic development on a competitive, cost-effective, best-value basis a social enterprise that is self-sustaining because it is profitable. Employee-owned DAI is now a global development company with a record of delivering results in 160 countries. But it remains today what it was as a start-up: innovative, alert, self-critical, and forward-looking and driven by a powerful sense of corporate purpose. Our mission remains essentially unchanged from the days of the founders. Job Opportunities DAI offers rewarding career opportunities for talented technical, managerial, and support professionals. By providing challenging assignments, a commitment to professional development, managerial systems based on teamwork, and an ownership stake in the company, we attract and retain high-caliber staff. Our workforce reflects a cultural diversity that gives us a broad spectrum of backgrounds and perspectives. www.dai.com
Detailed Job description / requirements:
USAID Paani Program
Request for Applications
DAI seeks a Short Term Survey Team Lead for the USAID Paani Program. The purpose of the technical assistance provided by Survey Team Lead is to oversee all aspects of carrying out a visitor survey in primary tourism markets at the Karnali River Basin including:
- Finalize survey tool design, methodology, and data collection platform;
- Recruit, train, deploy, and manage survey enumerators and data entry personnel, including handling all enumerator logistics, stipends, etc.;
- Verify collected data for completeness, and provide quality control on survey forms and data entry (including a verified data audit of entered data compared against forms);
- Provide data analysis of collected data and a summary report.
The minimum qualifications are as follows:
- 10 years’ experience managing data collection activities in Nepal including: household surveys, questionnaires, polls, or censuses;
- Experience managing a team of field-based enumerators including developing survey training materials, overseeing field logistics for data collection, data quality assurance, and data compilation and analysis;
- Experience designing survey methodologies, data collection tools (including paper-based data collection forms and their electronic equivalents), and databases;
- Tourism/hospitality sector experience preferred;
- Ability to translate survey materials into Nepali, Hindi, and English.
Applicants should submit a CV along with a cover letter to PANI_recruitment@dai.com by February 19, 2020. Please mention the position in the subject line of the email.
Women and persons with disabilities, marginalized and disadvantaged communities are encouraged to apply.