QA Automation Engineer
Verisk Nepal is the software development and information technology (IT) service support center for Verisk Analytics. We are a dedicated team of software and IT professionals who provide technical support to Verisk's businesses. At Verisk Nepal, we help our internal clients focus on their business solutions while we focus on the technology. Verisk Nepal is a wholly owned subsidiary of ISO, a Verisk Analytics business.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
QA Automation Engineer
Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
Verisk Business: Verisk Analytics
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
- Analyze requirements to develop test cases and test data for data intense back-end applications in such a way that defects are uncovered as early as possible
- Perform hands-on manual testing while scripting automated tests to ensure application functionality, performance, and security
- Continuously develop and socialize best practices for the design and development of robust and easily maintainable QA Automation Suites.
- Serve as a liaison to business analyst and product owner, providing feedback on application readiness for migrations.
- Be involved in all phases of the agile software development lifecycle
- Write clean, high-quality scripts that test product functionality automatically.
- Conduct various tests for systems integration, UI, applications, databases, API.
- Identify specific cases that should be automated and discuss them with QA Team.
- Develop the best automation solutions based on the clients’ requirements.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (developers, product managers, QA Team) to find ways on how automation can improve the workflow.
- Take part in brainstorms to come up with new ideas and designs that improve existing features.
Education Level: Bachelor’s in Computer Science, or related field or equivalent experience
Experience Required: 1 to 3 years of professional experience in Software Quality Assurance and Test Automation
Skills and Knowledge -
- Passion to work and grow as a Software QA Engineer
- Ability to analyze acceptance criteria and discuss scenarios with team with a goal of identifying possible issues upfront even before the feature is developed
- Ability to build automated test scripts, plan tests and strategies according to the project
- Thorough and disciplined, ability to analyze a problem and weight severity of the issue
- Dedicated worker skilled at collaborating in a team setting
- Proven excellent problem-solving and analytic skills
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills
- Familiarity with Agile workflow as well as Atlassian Jira and Confluence
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Good knowledge of any programming language like JAVA, C#, Python or .Net
- Knack for writing clean, readable, and easily maintainable QA automation workflows
- Experience in testing web services such as RESTful API
- Experience in performance testing using tools such as Apache JMeter
- Proficient in SQL and relational database concepts and formats such as XML and JSON with experience in testing non-GUI applications
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tool and familiarity with Continuous Integration atmosphere would be a plus
- Knowledge of AWS services would be a strong plus point.
Verisk is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Effective November 15, 2021, and subject to applicable law, all prospective hires for this position will be required to demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, or qualify for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement, as a condition of employment. Hired candidates who do not demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, and who have not been approved for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation will no longer meet the requirements for employment and their offers of employment will be immediately rescinded, in accordance with applicable law.