QA Automation Engineer
Verisk Nepal is the software development and information technology (IT) service support center for Verisk Analytics. We are a dedicated team of software and IT professionals who provide technical support to Verisk's businesses. At Verisk Nepal, we help our internal clients focus on their business solutions while we focus on the technology. Verisk Nepal is a wholly owned subsidiary of ISO, a Verisk Analytics business.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
- Act as QA lead on a wide variety of projects
- Lead analysis for the purposes of developing test cases and test data for search intense back-end data applications in such a way that defects are uncovered as early as possible
- Clearly define test plans, scenarios, scripts, and procedures
- Perform hands-on manual testing while scripting automated tests to ensure application functionality, performance and security
- Continuously develop and socialize best practices for the design and development of robust and easily maintainable QA Automation Suites.
- Serve as a liaison to business analyst and product owner, providing feedback on application readiness for migrations.
- Be involved in all phases of the agile software development lifecycle
Education Level: Bachelor’s in Computer Science, or related field or equivalent experience
Experience Required: 1 to 3 years of professional experience in Software Quality Assurance and Test Automation
Skills and Knowledge -
- Passion to work and grow as a Software QA Engineer
- Ability to analyze acceptance criteria and discuss scenarios with team with a goal of identifying possible issues upfront even before the feature is developed
- Ability to build automated test scripts, plan tests and strategies according to the project
- Thorough and disciplined, ability to analyze a problem and weight severity of the issue
- Dedicated worker skilled at collaborating in a team setting
- Proven excellent problem-solving and analytic skills
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills
- Familiarity with Agile workflow as well as Atlassian Jira and Confluence
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Good knowledge of a programming/scripting language – JAVA, C# .Net, Scripting, Python
- Knack for writing clean, readable, and easily maintainable QA automation workflows
- Experience in testing web services such as RESTful API
- Experience in performance testing using tools such as Apache JMeter
- Experience of testing Search clusters like Solr, Lucene and Elastic Search
- Proficient in SQL and relational database concepts, experience or knowledge of NoSQL DB preferably MongoDB
- Technically familiar with development concepts and formats such as SQL, XML, JSON and scripting languages with experience in testing non-GUI applications
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tool and familiarity with Continuous Integration atmosphere
- Knowledge of AWS services would be a strong plus point.
If Interested ,APLLY NOW
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.