Python/ Django Developer
NAXA is a Geo-IT company based in Kathmandu, Nepal. The company holds specific expertise in digital mapping, geodata management and development of map-centric applications . It has been working on the fusion of mapping and IT to develop software programs that can help in making data driven decisions. The primary domain of the company is in collecting and analysing geo-tagged data to turn them into information that can facilitate better decision making. The company is working relentlessly on the use of IT solutions for better collection, management and visualization of geo-tagged data. NAXA was founded by Geomatics Engineers who specialize in GIS mapping, geo-database management and visualization. The team comprises of highly skilled software developers, GIS professionals and data analysts. The interest and approach of NAXA is in conceptualization of ideas, design of smart solutions and implementation/institutionalization of these to solve contemporary problems.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
We are looking for a Mid Level Django Developer to join our engineering team and help us develop and maintain various software products.
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and high-performance applications
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of data storage solutions
- Write and maintain technical documentation on applications, processes, and workflow.
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in Python and Django (1+ year)
- Strong understanding of SQL (MySQL/PostgreSQL), NoSQL, and other database technologies
- Strong understanding of JSON-based RESTful Web Services (DRF)
- Strong unit test and debugging skills
- Strong understanding of version Control System
- Good knowledge of security guidelines for web development
- Must be self-motivated and have a positive attitude
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with others
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, IT or a related discipline
- Interested and potential candidates are advised to submit their Projects URL along with application if any.
- If you don’t have any project hosted then you can bring your own local machine to demonstrate the work you have done
- Alternatively, you can share your GitHub link.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV along with a cover letter and salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will have an opportunity to be part of an excellent team working on humanitarian projects for national and international organization.
|Category||Computer - System Programming, Engineer, Computer - Programming|
|Salary||Based on experience|
|Position Type||Full Time, Contract|
|Position Level||Mid Level, Junior Level|
|Experience||1+ years, 6 Months|
|Education||B.E. in Computer Science|
|Posted Date||30 Apr, 2020|
|Apply Before||29 May, 2020|