Public Financial Management (PFM) Expert
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Ad for PFM Expert
Chemonics seeks a Public Financial Management (PFM) Expert for the three-year, £10million DFID-funded Nepal Climate Change Support Programme Phase 2 (NCCSP2). The Nepal Climate Change Support Programme (NCCSP) is the Government of Nepal’s flagship programme to enhance climate change adaptation and resilience planning and implementation at the local level. Under NCCSP Phase 2 (NCCSP2, 2019 – 2023), Government implementation will be supported by a Technical Assistance Provider (Mott MacDonald Limited) and by a Fund Manager (Chemonics).
Please not this position is based in Surkhet.
The responsibilities of the PFM Expert are as follows:
- Lead and support capacity building of local municipalities in funds/revenue management; budgeting and planning; budgeting execution, transparency, and accountability; and budget control and oversight;
- Lead and support the strengthening of PFM capacity within municipal staff and operations;
- Remotely supervise the work of a team of up to 12 finance officers;
- Contribute to technical reports, and provide regular progress updates to the Team Leader, the client and other stakeholders;
- Conduct financial training to municipal staff.
The required minimum qualifications for the PFM Expert are as follows:
- Minimum 8 years’ of experience in public sector planning, budgeting, revenue and taxation, accounting, public procurement, and internal and external audit at the central or local levels;
- Degree in public finance, accounting, economics, or another related field;
- Demonstrated experience delivering institutional strengthening assistance to national, provincial and/or district entities in public financial management;
- Demonstrated experience designing PFM training materials or manuals;
- Demonstrated experience carrying out PFM trainings, especially with staff at the local government level;
- A strong understanding of the current PFM landscape in Nepal, including related donor-funded programs;
- Experience working on donor funded programs. Experience working with DFID is preferable;
- Knowledge of and experience in the climate change/resilience sector is preferable
Please apply via the application here: https://ChemonicsUK.formstack.com/forms/nccsp2_pfm_technical_expert
No telephone inquiries please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
Deadlines for the application is Tuesday, 31 Mar 2020. No telephone calls are entertained.