Provincial NTD Coordinators
Crown Agents is a high impact social enterprise passionate about transforming the future for millions of people. Since our creation in 1833 we have worked across the globe to improve public services and drive economic growth. Our expertise is finding new solutions to difficult problems for clients in the areas of health, governance, economic growth, humanitarian action and supply chain services. We work with and train leaders at local, national and international level to achieve lasting change drawing on our insight and experience. 'Accelerating the Sustainable Control and Elimination of Neglected Tropical Diseases (ASCEND), is funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID). The objective of ASCEND is to achieve progress towards the 2020 NTD roadmap targets for the targeted NTDs across priority countries and to strengthen elements of the national health systems which are required for sustainable NTD control and elimination. The Programme will focus on five NTDs: lymphatic filariasis, onchocerciasis, schistosomiasis, visceral leishmaniasis, and trachoma'.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Accelerating Sustainable Control and Elimination of Neglected Tropical Diseases (ASCEND), Nepal
Provincial NTD Coordinators-7 persons
Accelerating the Sustainable Control and Elimination of Neglected Tropical Diseases (ASCEND), is funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID). The objective of ASCEND is to achieve progress towards the 2020 NTD roadmap targets for the targeted NTDs across priority countries and to strengthen elements of the national health systems which are required for sustainable NTD control and elimination. The Programme will focus on five NTDs: lymphatic filariasis, onchocerciasis, schistosomiasis, visceral leishmaniasis, and trachoma.
ASCEND provincial coordinator is a position based in the provincial health department of ministry of social development (MOSD) and or provincial health directorate office. The coordinator reports to program manager based in the federal MOHP for day to day operation and provides bi-weekly updates to NTD Programme Manager MOHP/EDCD on workplan implementation status in the provincial districts and local levels. The coordinator under the overall guidance of Programme Manager and Data Manager and, support and supervision of provincial health Director will perform following activities:
Position: ASCEND Provincial NTD Coordinator
Duty Station: Provincial Health department and Health Directorate
Reports to: NTD Programme Manager at MOHP/EDCD and Provincial Health Director
Key responsibilities: Programmatic/Technical:
- Provide close and continuous support to implement "ASCEND Workplan" including Lymphatic Filariasis Morbidity Management and Disability Prevention activities, Visceral Leishmaniasis related activities, health system strengthening in the province and local levels, supply chain management related activities and coordination with provincial and local governments.
- Technical support to district health office and health coordinator at local levels where ASCEND workplan will be implemented with special focus on capacity strengthening on data management, data analysis, results oriented programming, monitoring, and evaluation methods and principles, and requirements of ASCEND to ensure compliance.
- Track program progress against program indicators and ensure early identification of any areas requiring remedial action.
- Update, review, and develop technical field visit tools, programme monitoring tools as necessary to cope with the operating environment and establishment of effective communication systems.
- Build sound relationships with Provincial Health Authorities, Hospitals, District Health Office, District Development Coordination Committee and Local Health Coordinator including other stakeholders in order to maintain program schedule and achieve program deliverables at the Provincial level in close partnership of endemic local levels.
- Participate, represent and co-ordinate at the province, facility and community levels
- List out the program logistics at provincial and local levels to ensure the timely delivery at the designated facilities
- Develop, refine and manage the process for regular reporting on findings and coordinate with program team for the dissemination of information
- Support to NTD Program Manager and Data Manager for their regular assignments and reports
- Coordinate the implementation of ASCEND activities on monthly basis for the quarterly and the annual reports; follow on monitoring and evaluation exercises for various NTDs at IU level.
- Coordinate to ensure that required commodities and supplies for LF and VL are delivered to end users.
- Prepare progress report of programme activities for In-country documentation as well as for reporting.
- Develop provincial implementation plan along with the annual budget, proposal and planning of any activities that fall under ASCEND Country programme.
- Frequent field visits to facilitate the implementation process, data collection, and follow up
- Promote use of data to inform evidence-based decision making and link evidence-based approaches to achievement of ASCEND programme outputs and outcomes.
- Provide support to conduct planning and the performance review of the implementation plan of the ASCEND programme bi-annually.
- Support operational research and specialized studies at Implementation Unit level.
- Solicit and manage local data collection and research teams, as needed.
- Contribute to prepare regular progress reports, technical deliverables, presentations, and annual work plans.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual progress report.
- Able to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Any other job assigned by the Supervisors.
Qualifications and work experiences:
- Bachelor’s Degree in health or any sciences or management from a recognized University with minimum 7 years of work experience in the related field. Higher qualifications and experiences are preferred.
- Ability to function as a self-starter with limited supervision especially in the new government system.
- Knowledge and experience using MS-Office packages and statistical packages, email and internet.
- Excellent verbal and written communication including excellent written and spoken Nepali and English
- Ability to manage people, good inter-personal skills, and experience of working in a team especially in the provincial and local Systems
- Good analytical skills, and experience in programme oversight
- Knowledge and experience in NTDs/ diseases control and elimination programme.
- Practical experience in facilitation and interaction with government counterpart/stakeholders at different levels, and ability to deal with various stakeholders
How to apply: Interested candidates can submit their CV/RESUME by following email address: Info.email@example.com together with cover letter.