Project Start-Up Coordinator
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Food Enterprise Solutions (FES) seeks a Project Start-up Coordinator for USAID Feed the Future’s Business Drivers for Food Safety (BD4FS) in Nepal.
Feed the Future’s Business Drivers for Food Safety (BD4FS) is a USAID-funded program designed to accelerate the adoption of improved food safety practices and technologies among formal and informal food businesses in Nepal. In order to accomplish this, BD4FS will work in close collaboration with the USAID Mission and other stakeholders to identify the key food safety challenges to, as well as opportunities for, village market vendors and market-shed SMEs, rank the most significant threats to human health, and prioritize the areas of and potential activities for intervention. The BD4FS team will also conduct a Food Safety Situational Analysis (FSSA), detailing relevant FTF nutrient-dense value chains (i.e. goat meat, eggs, other animal-sourced foods, fresh fruits and vegetables, etc.) and identify key challenges and potential opportunities for improving food safety.
BD4FS is a multi-year program in Nepal that is being managed by Food Enterprise Solutions (https://www.foodsolutions.global).
Scope of Work
Food Enterprise Solutions (FES) is seeking a consultant who will support the BD4FS team in Nepal for activity startup as well as provide logistical assistance required for conducting the Food Safety Situational Analysis (FSSA). This includes providing guidance on the in-country company registration process, locating options for in-country team office space, coordinating requested meetings with stakeholders, and working closely with the BD4FS FSSA Team Leader to map the Nepal food enterprise business landscape to identify local partners for the program. Specifically, the consultant will be tasked with the following:
1. Activity Startup in Nepal
- Develop a roadmap for FES to establish itself in Nepal as an operating entity. This includes:
- Identifying labor lawyer to assist with company registration.
- Assisting BD4FS with the complete process to set up accounts with a local bank that can handle foreign currency.
- Identify short-term, appropriate office lease options for activity startup team.
- Propose options for longer-term office space in anticipation of additional BD4FS Nepal team members.
- Identify options and provide pricing for telecommunication and internet services.
- Identify options and provide pricing for leasing a vehicle with driver.
- The vehicle must be capable of traveling to towns and cities outside of Kathmandu.
- Identify options for banks that can handle foreign currency accounts.
- Other tasks as requested.
2. Logistical Support for BD4FS Food Safety Situational Analysis (FSSA) in Nepal
- Develop a list of food testing labs in Nepal – both public labs as well as private labs.
- Develop a list of small, medium & large food companies operating in Nepal – both locally owned and foreign - as target private sector companies for the FSSA.
- Make contact with and set up key informant interviews for the FSSA team, with the goal to introduce the BD4FS team and target stakeholders, discuss the FSSA activities, and gather additional information.
- Assist with identifying and mobilizing enumerators to conduct surveys and field interviews for the FSSA.
- Provide and/or coordinate transportation for the FSSA team’s meetings and field travel.
- Other tasks as requested.
- Provide written weekly updates (no more than 1 page) following the template provided by BD4FS to summarize activities, contacts made, information discussed, next steps, and other topics as requested in writing by BD4FS.
- Conduct weekly calls with BD4FS Home Office team to review the written weekly update (Deliverable 1 above), including but not limited to the week’s upcoming activities, confirm completed tasks, review next steps and request any troubleshooting/additional support from BD4FS team as needed.
- Submit an end of consultancy report, a minimum of two pages and maximum of five, that summarizes all activities completed and contacts made on behalf of the BD4FS team and FSSA, any lessons learned on the activity startup and FSSA process, additional suggestions/notes as needed for the BD4FS team, and other topics as requested.
4. The period of performance for this consultancy is o/a Nov 15, 2020 – Feb 15, 2021, with a level of effort of up to 60 days.
- Bachelor’s, or an equivalent, degree in agriculture, food science, business management, economics, nutrition or a related subject area
- Minimum of five years of relevant work experience; ten years required without a bachelor’s degree
- Ability to communicate clearly – speak, read, and write – in English
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel software
- Access to and ability to use the internet for communications
Instructions for Submission
Please submit the following documents in English:
- Cover Letter
- Three References
- Statement of salary and/or consulting fees for the past three years
to the following email address:
email@example.com by Nov 10, 2020
To find out more about our work, please visit the FES Knowledge Center on our website at https://www.foodsolutions.global
|Category||Administrative / Management, Agriculture + Livestock, Consulting & Professional Services, Development and Project, Agriculture / Horticulture|
|Salary||Based on experience|
|Position Level||Mid Level|
|Posted Date||24 Oct, 2020|
|Apply Before||10 Nov, 2020|