ASIA has been in Nepal since 1996 and from 2009 ASIA started projects in WaSH sector, education and health promotion in the districts of Rasuwa, Kavre and Dolpo, in order to improve the health of the population and to increase the literacy rate by giving support to 21 schools. In 2015 ASIA started a new food security project with the creation of family vegetable gardens and training in organic farming methods. After the earthquake ASIA was engaged in emergency and reconstruction projects in the district of Kathamndu, Rasuwa and Sindhupalchock, implementing shelter, education, livelihood and WaSH activities for the communities affected by the earthquake. Since 2016 ASIA has been implementing project for rural development of the people of Kavrepalanchock, Sindhuli and Sindhupalchock as well as projects in WaSH, agroforestry, livelihood, education, health and environmental sector in order to improve the living condition of Himalayan people
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Association for international solidarity in Asia – ASIA is non-government organization with its Headquarter in Rome (Italy), having its country office at Kathmandu Nepal. ASIA is mainly focused on Agriculture, Forestry, WASH and Education sector in the different districts of Nepal. Currently, ASIA Nepal office is seeking for qualified Nepalese citizen for the position of Project Manager.
Purpose of the position:
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Program Director, Country Coordinator (if appointed by HQ) and by the International desk, the Project Manager will be overseeing the sound management of the project including coordinating, consolidating, and ensuring smooth implementation of the project and adherence to project logistic, human resource, administration and financial procedures, ensuring timeliness and efficiency in planning, delivery, documentation and reporting. At the district level, s/he represents ASIA to relevant stakeholders in meetings and forums, and help to develop relationships and collaborations with local government, local implementing partners.
Expected Start Date: 1 June 2022
Probation Period: 3 months
Contract Duration: 28th February 2023 with possibility of extension
Roles and Responsibilities:
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Program Director, Country Coordinator (if appointed by HQ) and by the International desk;the Project Manager will be responsible for the overall management of the project in the selected districts (Rasuwa, Nuwakot, Tanahu and Lamjung) as per the project DIP submitted by the local partners. The specific responsibilities will include, but not limited to
- Overall technical and financial, management of project activities in the selected district in accordance to approved work plan and budget.
- Responsible for program activity implementation and management, coordination, communication and networking,
- Project monitoring, evaluation and reporting and contribute in program planning and strategy development together with staff management and team building.
- Organizing periodic project reviews, reflective learning practice, district level training/workshop, events and joint monitoring activities at the district level involving local government and key stakeholders for greater learning of new ideas, and to ensure adequate programme synergies and to leverage resources.
- Supervise, guide and mentor sub ordinates, produce event report as well as monthly, half-yearly and annual reports maintaining district and field level database in line with project results and output indicators.
- Identify potential implementation sites, beneficiaries and activities for the project in different sites of the project districts in consultation with line manager and donor team and in coordination with local government and relevant agencies at the district.
- Ensure and take lead for planning, implementing and monitoring of project activities and proactively participate, assist and facilitate the team assigned for conducting different studies including the baseline, assessments and other studies as envisaged in the project.
- Collect, compile, analyze and report the field data for research and knowledge development purpose including case studies, project visibility and success stories.
- Coordinate with respective staff of local implementing partners for gender mainstreaming and socially inclusive program implementation
- Follow the organizational guidelines, code of conduct, staff administration policy, financial procedures and other rules and regulations.
- Facilitate the visits of external visitors in the project sites of the project districts.
- Carry out any other related task as assigned by the Program Director/Country Manager.
- Be able to provide the proper guidance to the Local Partner for Nursery and shade house for the project. Review the curriculum to train farmers on forestry plan to be organized during the implementation.
- Ensure the prompt reporting from the Local Partner for any issues may arises during the project implementation.
- Take lead to find the potential implementing partner in order to expand the project in the different districts of Nepal.
- Be responsible manage online platform and data.
Qualification, Experiences, and Skills
A successful candidate will possess the following qualification and experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture/Forestry.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in management and field implementation of agricultural/forestry project in the districts of Nepal,
- Work experience under I/NGOs will be preferred.
- Experience in Facilitating establishment of community Forestry Nursery and Management of Nursery and Plants
- Ability to take responsibility, meet deadlines and make progress with minimum supervision
- Capacity and willingness to learn new skills, research methods, and work routines under the mentorship of seniors.
- Self-motivated with time and stress management skills and ability to work independently
- Good computer proficiency in MS Office, especially with good knowledge of MSexcel and internet browsing.
- Good oral and written communications in English and Nepali
- Ability to facilitate/organize training, workshop, and seminar at local and district level
- Knowledge and skills to use participatory tools and methods in planning and monitoring
- GIS and Kobo tools knowledge will be considered as an added value.
- Knowledge and skills to use GPS for field activities.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Willing to travel extensively to the project implemented districts for, monitoring and evaluation with evaluation tools and other field research and able to live and work in marginal field conditions
- Must have driving license of the motorbike
- Should be a Nepali citizen.
Submit the updated CV and Covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by 17TH May 2022, 05:00 pm Nepali time clearly mentioning the subject line “ Application for Project Manager”.
No telephone inquiries will be entertained. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The organization reserve the right to cancel or postpone the whole process without providing any reasons whatsoever.