Aasaman Nepal (ASN) with the vision of happy and healthy children is currently working in 15 districts of Nepal, irrespective of geographical location. Dedicated to children's education, health and rights, ASN works in various developmental themes; Health and nutrition, education, child protection, natural resource management, livelihood, and humanitarian response.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Aasaman Nepal (ASN) ‘A pioneer organization for education and nutrition’, is one of the leading Terai based NGOs led and managed by social activists since its establishment in Dhanusha, Janakpur in 1999. ASN has been engaged in developing and implementing programs aimed at protection, promotion and fulfillment of child rights in Nepal. Currently ASN has been working in 10 districts under 6 Thematic Areas as: Education/Child Protection, Women Empowerment, Livelihood/ Natural Resource Management, Disaster Risk Reduction, Health/ Nutrition and Good Governance.
ASN is implementing the project “Promoting Citizen Empowerment and Inclusive Democracy in Province 2 (Nagarik Sakriyata).” supported by the European Union and invites applications from dedicated and qualified Nepali citizens for the following post based in Province 2.
- Position: Project Manager
Duty Station: Janakpur Based (Province 2)
Program development & implementation
Overall Project Management:-
- Responsible of overall management to achieve the expected results/outcomes/outputs as stipulated in the project document/s and lead a team at the district level.
- Provide strategic direction at the district level for the project and ensure its proper implementation.
- Oversee the design and implementation of development projects in coordination with management functions (monitoring and evaluation, publication, media and communication, and training), at the district offices.
- Prepare and compile monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual progress report, study reports, monitoring reports etc. and submit it to the Head office and Donors as and when required.
- Ensure smooth operation of the project by providing necessary support to the team members of the project at the district level.
- Conduct regular progress update/sharing meetings at the district office.
- Review and assess the activity/project proposals prepared and submitted by the thematic officers at the district and forward to the programme manager for the approval process.
- Ensure the goods delivered from district, Janakpur or Kathamandu office and its proper management and use at the project.
- Ensure periodic review of project progress and case story and lessons generated from district offices and support for knowledge management and disseminating information.
- Ensure Gender mainstreaming, social inclusion and cross-cutting issues in line with ASN and EU priorities in project activities.
- Ensure the incorporation of Aasaman policy (Zero Tolerance, Child Right, Safe Guarding etc.) in every step of project intervention.
- Review and evaluate other projects documentation including yearly and quarterly work plans, communication, materials, budget, preparation for meetings and other written materials as directed.
- Ensure all the projects are carried out effectively and efficiently on timely manner.
- Providing strategic direction to the district partners for smooth implementation of the project.
Documentation, materials development and advocacy
- Ensure participatory program planning (AIP, DIP and Project Implementation Guideline) and effective mobilization of resources to achieve the high-quality results.
- Keep the project information up to date and ensure meeting programmatic and financial compliance. Maintain a professional conduct, while intervening the project activities.
- Prepare training materials and manage training of the program according to schedule including adaptation of guideline and curriculum.
- Prepare and collect the reference materials for policy advocacy at different levels (policy making and stakeholder level).
- Follow up the good practices of organization and project for institutional learning and value addition.
- Develop training materials related to governance and provide recommendations to local government authorities as well as to national level policy makers.
- Handling the resources and material required for the completion of projects.
- Managing all the files and folders required for the effective functioning of projects and programs.
Coordination, linkages and networking
- Effective delivery of the program by establishing and promoting better synchronization and linkages with partners and donors of the program team.
- Coordinate with key stakeholders, Provincial government & local government authorities, NGO’s and partners.
- Ensure accountability towards government authorities by sharing project target, budget, progress as well as delivery approaches.
- Represent organization at different forums, platform, network and consortium and ensure meaningful participation.
Capacity building and monitoring
- Understand the project’s theory of change, log frame, monitoring framework etc and support M&E team to draft project specific M&E tools.
- Plan for regular visit to support the staffs and M&E of the program.
- Guiding the team for the proper implementation of project Output for intended Impact.
- Ensure better management of financial resources for efficient delivery of the project activities.
- Systematic monitoring and evaluation of the program.
Planning and reporting
- Initiate regular monitoring of project activities through field visits, data and information verification and meeting the donor compliance.
- Responsible for program planning, follow up action, program audit, and donors field visit.
- Preparation of program reports (monthly, quarterly and annual progress) in coordination with concerned office staff and stakeholders by facilitating the timely submission as required.
- Provide technical support to administration department.
Technical Support to Finance/Administration Department
- Ensure efficient and effective financial management system is in place.
- Ensure financial compliances are met as per the standard set commonly with funding agencies respecting financial policies, guidelines and periodic circulation.
- Ensure all sets of financial reports with enough supporting documents are produced and submitted on a timely manner to the funding agency.
- Ensure that the expenses are approved as per the process.
- Monitor income and expenditure regularly as well as identify and proactively mitigate potential risks.
- Work closely with finance person in the organization to prepare budget, any amendments and forecasts as per project requirements and timeline in consultation with funding agency.
- Support partners to scrutinize the financial and accounting documents (Bills, receipts, vouchers and supporting documents) for ensuring well managed financial system (taking donors agreement into consideration without undermining organizational system)
- Ensuring the purchases and expenses are made in accordance with the financial, procurement and other relevant provisions of the organization.
- Provide technical support to the administration department.
- Minimum of Master’s Degree in Social Work, Development Studies or Sociology
- Minimum of 5 years working experience along with knowledge and working experience in Good Governance, covering the significant aspects of the job preferably with NGO Experience
- Sound Knowledge and Experiences in Good governance and Health is more preferred
- Good communication and staff management skills
Other Attributes for all positions: Excellent quality of work and commitment to high standards, strong communication skills, team building and willingness and motivated for good service delivery with strong networking and interpersonal skills and comfortable to work under stress and emergencies.
For the above mentioned posts, successful candidates will be appointed for one year with possibility of extension.
Selected candidates must adherence to Aasaman Nepal’s internal policies and procedures, protocols, Code of conduct with special attention to Child Protection Policies and Do No Harm approach including funding agency’s policies, guidelines and agreements.
Competent candidates from disadvantaged groups and inhabitants of the project districts will be given priority.
Interested candidates are required to send their CV and cover letter indicating the post applied for with a recent photo to firstname.lastname@example.org within 10 days (9th August 2020) from the date of vacancy publication. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
ASN reserves the right to qualify/disqualify any applications without any reason.