Project Coordinator (PC)
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Everest Club (EC) Dailekh
Published Date: 1st August 2022
Job Title/Position: Project Coordinator (PC)
Duty Station: Dailekh
Reports to: Executive Director (Line Manager) and SCI field office Surkhet
Contract Period: August 2022 - December 2022 (Possibility to extend for 4 years)
Program Name: Civil Society Organization (CSO) Strengthening Program
Everest Club is a non-profit and non-government organization. It was established and registered in 1993 AD under the District Administration Office also affiliated with Social Welfare Council, Kathmandu. The organization is dedicated to holistic and integrated development based on a harmonious balance of socio-culture, material and organization trusted on teamwork and development through community mobilization. EC Dailekh works in a WASH, education, health, water and sanitation, food security, livelihood, Youth Empowerment, child rights, women empowerment, child protection, social security, DRR/Resilience and climate change.
In partnership with Save the Children and EC is going to implement the “CSO Strengthening Program” in Karnali Province focusing on Dailekh District; Narayan Municipality and Aathbish Municipality. Under the project, EC Dailekh is seeking suitable, qualified, dynamic and motivated Nepali citizens for the position. The position holder will be responsible for the successful delivery of the program complying the child safeguarding policy with program planning, budgeting, implementation, reporting and monitoring coordinating and collaborating with relevant stakeholders.
1. Program planning and Implementation
Overall Project management and quality delivery
- Ensure timely planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of project activities.
- Manage day-to-day operation and project activities in coordination with board, senior management team, Finance, and MEAL team.
- Ensure safeguarding of children, vulnerable groups (including people with disabilities) and those at-risk during planning, implementation, and monitoring of program activities.
- Coordinate with governments, NGO/INGOs and other stakeholders as appropriate to ensure optimum collaboration in maximizing the project result.
- Manage relationship and communication with consortium members including Save the Children.
- Organize in carrying out dialogues and workshop to promote CSO capacity and civic space.
- Establish partnership with Province and Local Governments, UN agencies, I/NGOs, CBOs, Medias and other stakeholders for the effective advocacy on the issues of children, adolescent and youth.
- Facilitate organization to conduct organizational capacity assessment (OCA) to identify the gaps and needs of organizational development (OD) and support to develop and implement organizational capacity development plan.
- Lead to design, development, and implementation of programs, policies, and strategies to meet organizational development needs and program goals.
- Execute tools, techniques, and methodologies to monitor and review organizational capacity development plan in coordination with senior management team and executive board.
- Lead to organize various capacity building trainings to senior management team particularly on GESI, climate change and resilience, child rights programming, child programming and conflict sensitivity.
Child led Advocacy and Lobby
- Facilitate children to form their network at local and district level and capacitate to promote meaningful participation.
- Lead to apply all nine basic requirements of meaningful child participation while engaging with children and child club network.
- Organize capacity building initiatives to strengthen children’s agency and support them in carrying out child led initiatives to influence decision making process at local, district and province level.
- Facilitate child club network in organizing child led initiatives against the issues affecting them at local, district and provincial level.
Strengthening Province and Local Network and Alliances of CSOs
- Lead to capacity building initiatives of CSO's networks/alliance at district and local level on tools and process of evidence-based advocacy.
- Lead to facilitate in forming/re-forming/mobilization of district & local level network/alliances.
- Facilitate CSOs to have a platform to exchange their progress, learnings, and challenges.
2. Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) and Documentation
- Monitor the ongoing project intervention with proper monitoring tools.
- Ensure all the project interventions are implemented accordance to minimum quality benchmark.
- Support team in best utilize the provided digital platforms to input correct data and regular review and analysis of the data and information.
- Lead the team to maintain integrity in data/information management & submit in timely manner.
- Produce quality progress reports & documents capturing program learning’s and good practices.
- Ensure innovative approaches, good practices, challenges, and achievements are documented.
3. Representation, Coordination/Networking and Collaboration
- Represent to the organization/project in local, district and province level.
- Coordinate, collaborate and information sharing with province and local governments, UN agencies, I/NGOs, medias, civil Societies, and community-based organizations.
- Establish and maintain relationships with province & local governments, and other stakeholders.
4. Supervisory Responsibility:
Supervise/Assist to Executive Director, Finance Admin Coordinator, MEAL Coordinator Program/Project Focal Person, and entire project team members of EC Dailekh.
5. Reporting and Communication:
- Produce and share monthly/Quarterly/Annual reports to Executive Director and Save the Children.
- Ensure the financial report is prepared timely & accurately and reporting to Save the Children.
- Maintain proper communication within team for functional communication.
Inspection and surrounding bounds of duties:
- EC Dailekh will provide best means, materials and pleasant environment to support the accomplishment of your job entity.
- The attainment achieved by this post will be supervised by the Line Managers.
- Timely execution of the activities assigned for the SIDA Program.
- Proper implementation and management of program with quality results.
- Effective Coordination and collaboration with multi-stakeholders.
Minimum required academic qualification and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work/Development Studies/Law/Management/Social Science/International Relationship with 5 years working experience in relevant area, (or)
- Master’s degree in social work/Development Studies/Law/Management/Social Science/International Relationship with 2 years working experience in relevant area.
- Writing and speaking proficient in both English and Nepali language.
- Ability to work with MS-Office packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability & experience to provide training to CSOs on process & tools of evidence-based advocacy.
- Experience to lead Organization Development (OD) process, tools, and management skills.
- Capacity to work with children with child friendly manner.
- Proven ability to manage risks and promote governance to contribute on strategic outcomes.
- Working Experience with Province, Local government and concerned stakeholders.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply with their current CV and application letter to the email address email@example.com addressing to The Human Resource Department, Everest Club or submit the hard copy to Everest Club District Office, Narayan Municipality-1, Naya Bazar, Dailekh by 7th August 2022, 5 pm. GESI group include Female, Dalit, People with Disabilities and other indigenous/minorities are highly encouraged to apply. The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the Everest Club and Save the Children policies and procedures.
Please indicate the position title while applying application. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the further selection process. Canvassing at any stage of the processes shall lead to automatic disqualification.