Detailed Job description / requirements:
(Date of Publication: 22nd September 2022)
Social Service Centre (SOSEC) Nepal is working by giving high priority and sensitivity on the right of women and children under the principle of integrated development approach to obtain right of women, children, raute community and back warded communities in Dailekh, Kalikot and Surkhet districts of Karnali Province and Achham district of Sudurpaschim Province of Nepal with the coordination and collaboration with different development partner organizations. The organization is also adopting zero tolerance policy on violence against women & children and corruption.
SOSEC has been implementing a component to Promote protection and inclusion of children and youth marginalized due to their sexual orientation and gender identity under SAHAYATRA II Project. The project has been implementing since 2021 coordination with Gurans Rural Municipality and partnering with Save the Children in coordination of Gurans Rural Municipality, Dailekh. For this, we seek application from competent and self-motivated Nepali citizen for the following position. The position is based in Dailekh (Gurans Rural Municipality).
Designation: Project Coordinator
Number of Position: One (1)
SPECIFIC ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF PROJECT COORDINATOR
- Take lead in the overall implementation of set activities under the project/component in the field and palika level
- Provide guidance and support to field-based staff members in assessing the context and needs; in planning and implementing interventions; and in monitoring and reporting.
- Prepare monthly project /component updates, and periodic reports of the project.
- Take on other administrative tasks as assigned by the Executive Director/Program Director, such as updating the database, taking minutes, translating documents and assisting with logistics for travel, etc.
- Support in developing appropriate advocacy strategies - in co-operation with local level institutions and the team.
- Prepare project workplan and implement as stipulated in the detailed implementation plan and phased budget of the assigned project.
- Coordinate with the relevant stakeholders including the Local government, SMC/PTA, WCRC, Child Clubs/network, teachers and students as well as local women and youth groups for effective implementation of the project activities.
- Be a facilitator to conduct capacity building sessions in the schools with teachers and students and local groups
- Support child clubs and local youth groups to conduct child-led/Adolescents-led initiatives
- Make close coordination with SAHAYATRA II project team and other departments in the organization to mainstream the agenda of Gender and Inclusion in the project areas.
- Monitoring and Evaluation – Conduct Baseline Study, frequent monitoring visits, periodic review and get involved in mid-term and end line evaluation of the project.
- Support in designing capacity building plan and strategies for teacher, WCRC, SMC, Child Club/networks including staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or other any discipline
- At least two years of experience working in the community closely with the local government, schools and children
- Good understanding of Gender and social Inclusion specifically about sexual orientation and gender identity and expression, and Comprehensive Sexuality Education
- Good understanding/knowledge of the local context and sensitivities.
- Fluency in written and spoken English essential
- Analytical skills.
- Good communication skills, written and oral.
INFORMATION ABOUT EXAM:
Types of Exam: Written and Interview
Publication of Shortlist: 29thSep, 2022
Date of Exam: Conformed after Shortlist for Shortlisted Candidates only.
Service & Facilities: As per Organization's rules and regulation
Interested candidates are requested to submit their cover letter along with provided CV format at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mAqWtLDhlD4SZm-9Q_Ba536RsHucClRn/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=103478232780133632230&rtpof=true&sd=truephotocopies of citizenship and qualification by 28th Sep, 2022 in email@example.com. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further selection process. Any kind of external influence will automatically disqualify the candidate. All rights related with recruitment process will be held by recruitment committee.
Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.
Women, Dalit, Sexual and Gender minorities, and people from marginalized community are encouraged to apply.
For more details
Social Service Centre (SOSEC) Nepal Dailekh
Phone no: 089-410096/410187
Fax no: 089-410093
Visit website: www.sosec.org.np
Social Service Centre (SOSEC) Nepal