Detailed Job description / requirements:
Nepal Forum for Restorative Justice (NFRJ) is a non-governmental non-profit organization working in the fields of restorative justice, dialogue, and peacebuilding in Nepal. Since its establishment in 2017, it has been involved in promoting principles and practices of restorative justice in formal and community systems in Nepal, and furthering regional and global movements in these fields. NFRJ's works are founded on the value systems of respect, interconnectedness, inclusion, humility, accountability and co-empowerment.
NFRJ has been running various national and international programs related to restorative justice, transitional justice, dialogue and peacebuilding. Since 2021, it has been running a Dialogue Resource Center as a hub of learning for dialogue practitioners and operates its online portal (www.nepaldialogues.org) which has been a source of resources, news and knowledge about dialogue and peacebuilding. On the justice front, NFRJ has run various trainings, conferences and workshops related to victims/survivors justice, restorative justice, and transitional justice. It has produced the official Nepali translation of the United Nations Handbook of Restorative Justice Programmes (2020), and previously translated Nepali versions of UN Basic Principles of Restorative Justice in Criminal Matters (2002). As one of its core organizational objectives, NFRJ has been advocating for a restorative-justice-informed transitional justice process which unfailingly takes into account victims’ needs and offenders’ accountability for meaningful outcomes of transitional justice.
Since 2022, NFRJ has been implementing the project; “Supporting Nepal’s Transitional Justice Processes through Reconciliation and Restorative Justice (TJRJ)” under The Asia Foundation’s support. To support and lead the TJRJ activities, NFRJ is looking for a Project Coordinator (full-time) for a fixed term of one year with the possibility of extension. The Project Coordinator will be based in Kathmandu and will work closely with the Executive Director and Program Unit of NFRJ.
- Master's degree in Law, Peace and Conflict Studies, International Development, Human Rights or related fields.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare and facilitate the development and implementation of training/workshop/ consultation meetings on justice, dialogue, conflict, peacebuilding and facilitation skills.
- Develop a knowledge management system to record and document the outcomes and learning from the events (training, meetings, seminar and research works)
- Support in organizing campaigns, advocacy initiatives and partners to implement the project related activities in the field.
- Prepare progress reports, documentation of the project activities, lessons learned and best practices.
- Lead and coordinate program communications.
- Perform other relevant operational and administrative duties related to the implementation of plans and programs.
Competencies, experience and knowledge:
- At least five years' experience in development work related to justice, dialogue, conflict, peacebuilding in Nepal.
- Experience of working closely with government, political parties and partner organizations.
- Excellent understanding of political, social and economic aspects of peacebuilding and development efforts in Nepal.
- Experience in design and implementation of the programs.
- Strong analytical and strategic planning skills.
- Fluency in English and Nepali language both in writing and oral communications.
- Team player; comfortable in an environment that embraces openness and learning.
- Willing to travel outside Kathmandu.
Please send your updated resume and cover letter to email@example.com by August 25, 2022.
Women, marginalized and minority groups are encouraged to apply. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview and further processes.